- 1 Fix and solve Setup couldn’t start properly error or problem
- 1.1 SOLUTION 1 for Windows 10 Setup couldn’t start properly – Restarting Windows 10 PC and closing all applications
- 1.2 SOLUTION 2 for windows 10 update error – Searching, finding and deleting of ~BT, ~WS, Windows.old files
- 1.3 SOLUTION 3 for windows 10 update error – Follow the second step but by starting your PC in windows safe mode or Windows safe mode with CMD
- 2 Microsoft Windows 10 Full Guide:
Windows 10 Setup couldn't start properly. Please reboot your PC and try running Windows 10 setup again
While updating your Windows 8 or 8.1 PC’s to windows 10 operating system, If you receive a Setup couldn’t start properly, Please reboot your PC and run set up again error using Media Creation Tool from Microsoft or Windows ISO image file / or bootable USB flash drive, then you must follow the below steps to solve this problem.
- ALSO SEE: Go back to your previous version of Windows – Windows 10 recovery
One of the main reason can’t be fully told but major reason for this problem can be attributed to some of your corrupt windows operating system upgrade files which causes Setup couldn’t start properly problem.
- Solved: Flickering screen windows 10 fix.
- How to Free up drive space in Windows 10
The files in your windows operating system get corrupted mainly due to failed Windows 10 download, upgrade or installation and . This is not a major problem and error and sometimes user says that it can be solved by just closing all applications or softwares on your windows 10 PC then turning off and then restarting your PC.
So, to solve this problem Windows 10 Setup couldn’t start properly or windows Setup couldn’t start properly, Firstly just try closing all applications or softwares on your windows 10 PC then turning off and then restarting your PC, if it works then it’s good for you if not move to below steps
If you want to fix this error then you have to Delete old installation files and it will definitely fix the issue. But before you proceed, make sure that you have latest Windows Updates installed.
- Windows 10 recovery Method 4: Use a recovery drive to reinstall Windows
- Windows 10 recovery Method 5: Use installation media to reinstall Windows
A lot of user are facing this problem, recently i saw some user asked this question to microsoft support team, in microsoft product forums, the question was:
I’m using the ISO update due to errors with my 10074 build update ( fbl_impressive Professional 10074 – Error 0xc1900107). However, I’m not faring any better. I keep getting the message “Setup couldn’t start properly. Pleas reboot you PC and try and running Windows 10 setup again.” However, This keeps on appearing. I’ve tried a clean update with no luck. I’m running an I7 1600, with 8Gb RAM, and 500GB hard drive. I’m not using any third party virus checker, just windows defender. Can anyone help me out? I’d much appreciate it.
Fix and solve Setup couldn’t start properly error or problem
If the tool continues to give the ‘Setup couldn’t start properly’ error, despite you rebooting your system, here’s how to get it running again.
SOLUTION 1 for Windows 10 Setup couldn’t start properly – Restarting Windows 10 PC and closing all applications
- Check if restarting and closing all applications helps to solve the problem.
- Because sometimes it will solve this error.
- If your problem is not solved then follow the below steps.
SOLUTION 2 for windows 10 update error – Searching, finding and deleting of ~BT, ~WS, Windows.old files
- In the first step download and install Everything (Everything is a desktop search utility for Windows that can rapidly find files and folders by name on an NTFS volume.)
- Now after installing Everything application just run it and then type Windows. after typing this you will see one of these files Windows.~BT or Windows.~WS or Windows.old.
- Now just right click on the folder and click or tap on Open file path.
- NOTE: if only one folder is showing then you have to delete that folder and also if all the three options are showing then you also have to delete those ones.
- WARNING: Before deleting Windows.~BT or Windows.~WS or Windows.old these files make sure that you have backed up these files. So, that in case of any error you can restore these files, and make a note of the path of these files.
- Now delete these files or folders.
- Now restart your Windows PC and download media creation tool.
Now you can also Create a bootable copy of the .ISO file using Rufus on DVD or a thumbdrive and attempt a Startup repair:
Boot from the Windows 10 media you created
- At the Install Now screen
- Click Repair your computer
- Click Advanced Options
- Click Troubleshoot
- Click Startup repair
- Follow the on screen instructions
if this is not working for you then you must follow the below steps:
SOLUTION 3 for windows 10 update error – Follow the second step but by starting your PC in windows safe mode or Windows safe mode with CMD
In order to fix this, you enter the C:/ drive, show hidden folders, and delete the following:
Note that you may have to enter safe mode to be able to delete some of these.
Microsoft Windows 10 Full Guide:
- Getting and installing Windows 10 – Microsoft Windows 10 Full Guide
- Settings menu – Microsoft Windows 10 Full Guide
- Start menu – Microsoft Windows 10 Full Guide
- Interface – Windows 10 Features
- Features – Windows 10 Features
- The Edge browser – Microsoft Windows 10