Windows 10 error code 0x803f7001? Microsoft has changed the way how the system activates with Windows 10, and due to different activation method some users are getting 0x803F7001 error, so let’s see how to fix this error. Windows 10 error code 0x803f7001.
What it means and how to fix error code 0x803f7001
This error means we didn’t find a valid Windows license for your PC. You must use a valid product key to activate Windows. Your product key should be in the confirmation email you received after buying Windows, included with the packaging that came with your PC, or on the Certificate of Authenticity (COA) attached to the back or bottom of your PC. If you have a valid product key, use it to activate Windows: Fix Windows 10 error code 0x803f7001
How to Fix Error 0x803F7001 On Windows 10
Windows 10 error code 0x803f7001 ?This tool will repair most computer errors, protect you from file loss, malware, hardware failure and optimize your PC for maximum performance. Quickly fix PC issues and prevent others from happening with this software:
Please note: The copy of Windows 10 you download and upgrade from will correspond with the edition of Windows you have installed, if it does not, this is why you might be experiencing problems activating:
- Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Windows 8.0 Core, Windows 8.1 Core will install Windows 10 Home
- Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 8.0 Pro, Windows 8.1 Pro will install Windows 10 Pro
Solution 1 – Activate Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support
This will launch the activation wizard, select your country or region and click Next.
Then at the Installation ID screen, you will be prompted to call the number listed on the screen. If you have an active Internet connection, you can use the new chat option.
Click Setting up then click Chat online with a Microsoft Answer Tech.
Wait while you are connected to a Microsoft Answer Tech.
If you are reactivating a Windows 10 license, make sure to clarify to the agent you want a license reactivated. Provide the Installation ID generated earlier in the activation wizard. Once your Installation ID is verified, you will be given your Confirmation ID.
Proceed to enter the Confirmation ID then click Activate Windows. And you should be good to go!
You can let the agent know the issue is resolved, then close the chat window.
Chat support can also be used to resolve other issues you might be experiencing in Windows 10. I was skeptical about using this; the experience was a pleasant surprise. Windows 10 error code 0x803f7001
Solution 2 – Change the product key
Windows 10 error code 0x803f7001: Users report that they are getting message saying “Activation failed because this device don’t have a valid digital entitlement or product key. Error code: 0x803F7001” when they navigate to the Activation section in Settings app. If you need to change the product key of the installed OS, for example. suppose you have installed Windows 10 initially with a generic key, and then wish to change it to an authentic key that you purchased, this can be done quickly without reinstalling. You don’t need any third party tools or complex Registry tweaks. Note: This trick also works in Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 and Windows Vista. Follow the steps below. In order to fix this you just need to change the product key by following these instructions: Windows 10 error code 0x803f7001
- Open Windows Settings app
- Then go to Update and Security section.
- Now, go to Activation screen and
- Then click the Change product key.
- If you get User Account Control prompt just click Yes.
- Find the version of Windows 10 that you’re using and enter the product key from the list below:
- Windows 10 Home: YTMG3-N6DKC-DKB77-7M9GH-8HVX7
- Windows 10 Pro: VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T
- Windows 10 Home N: 4CPRK-NM3K3-X6XXQ-RXX86-WXCHW
- Windows 10 Home Single Language: BT79Q-G7N6G-PGBYW-4YWX6-6F4BT
- Windows 10 Home Country Specific: 7B6NC-V3438-TRQG7-8TCCX-H6DDY
- Windows 10 Professional N: 2B87N-8KFHP-DKV6R-Y2C8J-PKCKT
- After entering the product key, click Next.
- You will get message saying “ We couldn’t activate Windows”.
- Repeat the entire process from Step 1, but this time enter your serial number for your copy of Windows 7 or Windows 8.1.
- If the process is successful you should get message saying that you’re running a genuine version of Windows 10.
Change Windows 10 product key using command line:
- Open an elevated command prompt. See: How to open elevated command prompt in Windows 10.
- Type the following command to install a new product key and press Enter:
- slmgr.vbs -ipk 11111-11111-11111-11111-11111Replace “111” with your actual product key.
- To activate Windows after changing the key, you need to run the following command:slmgr.vbs -ato
Wait for a few seconds and the check System Properties window in Control Panel\System and Security\System. It should say that Windows 10 is activated.
Solution 3 – Activate Windows 10 via phone
If you’re getting error 0x803F7001 while activating Windows 10, you might want to try activating it over a phone. There are two ways to activate Windows. First, via the Internet and second, by phone. Today we will see how to activate Windows 10 / 8 by phone. We will also show you how to find out the telephone numbers of Microsoft Office in your region, you need to call, in order to activate your copy of Windows. To do that follow these steps:
To start the Product Activation Wizard in Windows 8.1 and Windows 8, open the Charms bar > Settings> Change PC Settings > Activate Windows > Activate by phone.
To start the Product Activation Wizard in Windows 7, Start > right-click Computer > Properties > Activate Windows now > Use the automated phone system to activate. Windows 10 error code 0x803f7001
- Alternatively, to activate Windows 8 by phone (or any other of Windows), open Run box, type slui.exe 4 to open up a box that will let you activate your Windows via the telephone.
- Select your country from the drop-down menu and click on Next.
You will see some toll-free phone numbers which you can call. You will required to provide the numbers mentioned in Step 2, when you are asked. Their person will in turn give you a Confirmation ID, which you will need to enter. Once done, click on Activate to activate your copy. Windows 10 error code 0x803f7001
- 1 How to Fix Error 0x803F7001 On Windows 10