How to move itunes library to new computer, transfer itunes library, how to transfer itunes library, how to transfer itunes library to another computer, transfer itunes library to new computer
How to move itunes library to new computer? bought a new PC you will most likely want to transfer the library of iTunes you have on your other PC to have it synchronized with your iPhone, iPad or iPod.
Here the problem is how to completely transfer iTunes library to the new PC while keeping the iPhone , iPad or iPod sync?
Solution for How to move itunes library to new computer
Transfer the library iTunes is simpler than it seems, just follow a few steps. But before you start you should answer the following questions:
- Files iTunes library are stored only in the iTunes folder, or are scattered around the hard drive?
- ITunes folder is in the default folder? Usually, “My Documents> My Music> iTunes”
- The folder iTunes library will be in the same location on the new PC, or be in another location?
- You want to make a backup of your iPod Touch, iPhone or iPad with your iTunes library?
If you have a part of your music files outside of iTunes folder, or if you chose a different location than the default for the iTunes folder, or if you want to transfer iTunes library to an external device the process becomes a little more complicated. In this case it is best to use a program likeTuneSwift .
The advantage of this program is that it also takes into account the files that are stored outside of the iTunes folder, and the iTunes library can be stored anywhere. For example, you can transfer your iTunes library to an external hard drive. In addition to the ability to easily transfer iTunes library to another PC or Mac, it also makes backup copies of iTunes libraries of iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. But if all files in the iTunes library is located in the folder iTunes and you want to transfer to the same position this folder on the new PC, then you can transfer the library manually. To do this, follow these steps: How to move itunes library to new computer
- Copy the iTunes folder on a removable storage device (usually the iTunes folder is in “My Documents> My Music”)
- Connect the removable device in the new PC and copy the iTunes folder in the same location that was in the other PC. If you already have an iTunes folder, make sure it is empty before replacing it.
- When you open iTunes hold down the Shift key
- In the window that opens, click “Select Library”
- Select the file “iTunes Library.itl” in the new iTunes folder.
- Click OK to open the iTunes library on your new PC
- This is all. Playlists, music files, etc. you can find them in your new iTunes.
Transferring an iTunes library to a new computer On your new computer: How to move itunes library to new computer
|1. Step 1: Plug your external hard drive or USB stick in the new computer.||2. Step 2: Double click it to open and see what is inside. If the steps above were completed correctly, you should obviously see your iTunes folder.|
|3. Step 3: Launch a new Finder window and find the Music folder of your new computer.||Step 4: From the external drive or USB dongle, drag and drop the iTunes folder inside the Music folder of the new computer. Items will be copying over, which again could take a while depending on the size of your library.|
Done! You can now launch iTunes and all your music, including all songs, albums, album arts, as well as playlists should be in there. How to move itunes library to new computer
TAGS: How to move itunes library to new computer, transfer itunes library, how to transfer itunes library, how to transfer itunes library to another computer, transfer itunes library to new computer