Get help with iOS update and restore errors: Unknown error 1671
Unknown error 1671? Learn how to solve specific iOS update and restore errors. Use these basic steps when you see this message: “The iPhone [device name] could not be restored. An unknown error occurred [error number].” If you still see the error message, find your error below to learn what to do. There was a problem downloading the software.“: Many iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch users get the error 1671 in iTunes while updating or restoring their devices. There are a variety of reasons that can cause the error. For instance, your operating system might be outdated or you have the outdated version of iTunes. Other reasons include an outdated or invalid anti-virus, anti-virus infected by viruses, or you have too many USB controllers connected to your computer. Fortunately, there are ways to fix error 1671 in iTunes.
What is Unknown error 1671
Apple says there might be some security software which is created by third party that means by those companies other than Apple may hinder the connection process of iTunes to Apple’s server or to Apple devices. That time, iTunes error 1671 may be shown . So iPad error 1671 is basically a code shown when you are going to sync, back up, update or restore etc with Apple’s server or with any Apple devices through iTunes. Unknown error 1671
Solve or Fix Unknown Error 1671 iTunes: There was a problem downloading the software.“
- First, try a system reset. Hold down the on/off switch and the Home button simultaneously until you see the Apple logo. Ignore the “Slide to power off” text if it appears. You will not lose any apps, data, music, movies, settings, etc.
- If the Reset doesn’t work, try a Restore. Note that it’s nowhere near as quick as a Reset. It could take well over an hour! Connect via cable to the computer that you use for sync. From iTunes, select the iPad/iPod and then select the Summary tab. Follow the on-screen directions for Restore and be sure to say “yes” to the backup. You will be warned that all data (apps, music, movies, etc.) will be erased but, as the Restore finishes, you will be asked if you wish the contents of the backup to be copied to the iPad/iPod.
- Again, say “yes.” At the end of the basic Restore, you will be asked if you wish to sync the iPad/iPod. As before, say “yes.” Note that that sync selection will disappear and the Restore will end if you do not respond within a reasonable time. If that happens, only the apps that are part of the IOS will appear on your device. Corrective action is simple – choose manual “Sync” from the bottom right of iTunes.
- If you’re unable to do the Restore (or it doesn’t help), go into Recovery Mode per the instructions here. You WILL lose all of your data (game scores, etc,) but, for the most part, you can redownload apps and music without being charged again. Also, read this.
Unknown error 1671 itunes
The easiest way is to make sure that you have the latest version of software: Unknown error 1671
- Update iTunes to the latest version.
- Ensure that your computer has the latest version of the OS.
- Check if your iTunes version is compatible with your iOS device.
- Update the anti-virus and run a full system scan to get rid of any viruses.
- Unplug unnecessary USB cables.
- Make sure that your iOS device is connected to a compatible USB port
If none of this works, there is another way to fix error 1671. This method not only fixes error 1671, but also many other issues related to iTunes. Here’s how to perform it:
- To reset the system, hold down on the on/off button and Home button simultaneously for about 10 seconds. Now you’ll see the Apple logo on the screen.
- You’ll also see the “Slide to power off” text. Just ignore it.
- Your device should get rid of the error without losing any apps, music or data.
- Unknown error 1671
A slightly complicated way to fix error 1671:Unknown error 1671
If this method didn’t work for you, here’s another one: you have to restore it, which is a lengthier process than a quick reset.
- Connect your iOS device to the computer using a USB cable
- From the iTunes, select your device (iPad/iPod) and then select the Summary tab
- Now follow on-screen directions for Restore
- When prompted, select “yes” to back up your data
- The Restore process starts now. It may take about an hour
- When the Restore finishes, you’ll be asked if you want the backup files to be copied on your device. Say ‘yes.’
It should fix error 1671 in iTunes. Though the above step is complicated, it gives you the desired result. Unknown error 1671
Unknown error 1671 iPhone 6
If you see error 1671 on Your iPhone 6, iTunes is downloading necessary software. Wait for the download to finish and try again. To see how long the download should take, you can click the down arrow in the upper-right corner of iTunes. Unknown error 1671
- First, reset the system.
- To do the reset, you will have to keep pressing On or Off button along with Home button at the same time until you see the Apple’s logo on the screen.
- After resetting, the error should be solved. If it has not been solved, you have to restore the data.
- Connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
- Then iTunes will automatically guide you, how to restore the data to your device.
- Now go for “select” as to recover data.
- Now the restoration process will start which may take more than an hour to complete.
Unknown error 1671 While Updating iPhone 7, iPhone 6, iPad
If you see an error when you update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod. When you use iTunes to update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod, you might see an error code or alert. You can fix most update and restore errors with these steps. Unknown error 1671
1. Update iTunes
Get the latest version of iTunes for your computer.
3. Check your computer’s security software
You might need to update, change, or uninstall software that’s causing an issue.
4. Unplug extra USB devices
Keep only your device, keyboard, and mouse plugged in to your computer.
Turn off your computer and your device. Then turn them on again.
6. Try again
Update or restore your device again.
Unknown error 1671 iPhone 6s
If you see error 1671 on Your iPhone 6s, iTunes is downloading necessary software. Wait for the download to finish and try again. To see how long the download should take, you can click the down arrow in the upper-right corner of iTunes.
Most Common Causes of Error Code 1671 iTunes
- Operating system being outdated.
- Outdated version of iTunes.
- Invalid Antivirus.
- Antivirus infected by viruses.
- Several USB controllers connected to the computer.
- Make sure to update iTunes to the latest version.
- Ensure that the iTunes version is compatible with your iOS device.
- Must update the antivirus and carry out a system scan.
- Connect your iOS device to a compatible USB port (USB 2.0 or higher)
- Make sure your computer has the latest version of operating system.
- Check the security system of your computer. You will need to update or uninstall the software that’s causing the issue.
- Unplug unnecessary USB.
- Change your cable.
Fix iTunes Unknown error 1671 iPhone 5s While Updating iPhone and iPad
Step #1. Disable Antivirus program on your Mac or PC.
Step #2. Reboot your iOS Device.
Step #3. Hold on the sleep/wake button at once for about ten seconds.
Step #3. Connect your device to the computer, launch iTunes and try to update again.
Unknown error 1671 iPad 2
Unknown error 1671 iPhone 4s
If you see error 1671 for iPhone 4s, iTunes is downloading necessary software. Wait for the download to finish and try again. To see how long the download should take, you can click the down arrow in the upper-right corner of iTunes.
This errors related to inability to contact Apple’s activation servers. The possible causes of this problem are:
- Your antivirus or firewall is blocking access to Apple’s server address gs.apple.com
- The phone is jailbroken, or has been in the past
- The computer you are using to restore the phone has been used in the past to hack or jailbreak an iOS device
You can try disabling the antivirus and firewall. If the 2nd is a possibility try restoring from DFU mode. If the last one might be a possibility reset the hosts file on your computer to its default. There should be no references to gs.apple.com in it, or to any other apple URL.
Choose your error number or message
Select your error to learn what to do:
- “There was a problem downloading the software.“
- “The device isn’t eligible for the requested build.“
- “Invalid response.“
- “The required resource can’t be found.“
- 1 Get help with iOS update and restore errors: Unknown error 1671
- 2 What is Unknown error 1671
- 3 Solve or Fix Unknown Error 1671 iTunes: There was a problem downloading the software.“
- 4 Unknown error 1671 itunes
- 5 Unknown error 1671 iPhone 6
- 6 Unknown error 1671 While Updating iPhone 7, iPhone 6, iPad
- 7 Unknown error 1671 iPhone 6s
- 8 Fix iTunes Unknown error 1671 iPhone 5s While Updating iPhone and iPad
- 9 Unknown error 1671 iPad 2
- 10 Unknown error 1671 iPhone 4s
- 11 Choose your error number or message