A reset, restart, or Reboot Apple Watch — whatever you want to call it — is sometimes the best way fix a problem, even on the Apple Watch, Apple watch won’t power on, Apple watch not responding follow below steps:
There’s just something about rebooting a gadget running complicated software that seems to set it back on the right path and convince it to start working again. If you run into issue, try a basic restart by powering down your watch by pressing the side button until the shutdown screen appears, followed by sliding the Power Off button to the side in an attempt to remedy the situation.
It could be unusual battery drain, it could be erratic performance, it could just be your need for a fresh start. Whatever the reason, just like an iPhone or iPad, the Apple Watch can be easily turned off and turned back on again, or even reset/rebooted if you need to.
Apple Watch is generally very stable and rarely needs to be rebooted or restarted
How to power off your Apple Watch
- Press and hold down the side button until the shut down screen appears.
- Tap to confirm the shutdown
- Press and hold down the side button until the startup screen appears.
How to reboot your Apple Watch
- Press an hold the Digital Crown and Side button at the same time.
- Release after about 10 seconds.
Hard reset Apple Watch
A Watch hard reset, a.k.a, “master reset,” “alternate reset” or “force reset,” takes the basic reset a step further. It completely resets your Apple Watch, but it does not remove your personal data or settings. And you use the hardware to trigger a hard reset, instead of a software command. You should hard reset your Apple Watch if it starts misbehaving, as mine did, or if it otherwise stops working as it should. Hard resets are also particularly helpful if your Apple Watch ever freezes up completely and doesn’t respond to commands.
- Position the Watch so you can easily access both the Digital Crown/Home and Side buttons, and then firmly hold the device in your hand.
- Simultaneously press and hold both buttons for roughly 10 seconds, until the screen turns off and the Watch reboots.
Force restart the Apple Watch
- To force restart your Apple Watch,
- press and hold both the Digital Crown and the side Button together for roughly 10 seconds.
- Eventually the Apple logo will appear on the screen of your watch, indicating the watch is rebooting.
Apple Watch is Not Responding or Apple watch won’t power on
SOLUTION 1. Check that the Apple Watch is in Power Reserve mode or not
When the Apple Watch has a low battery it may not respond to wrist movement and onscreen taps because it is in power reserve mode.
To wake your Apple Watch press the large side button – not the digital crown – for at least 1 second and you should see the time displayed in green.
SOLUTION 2. Turn off Apple Watch Power Reserve mode
Press the large side button – not the digital crown – and keep it pressed until the Apple logo appears. This can take up to 10 seconds.
SOLUTION 3. Force the Apple Watch to restart
If you still have issues with a dead or unresponsive Apple Watch, you can force the device to restart. Simply press and hold the Digital Crown and side button together for at least 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears and the Watch restarts.
SOLUTION 4. Turn off Screen Curtain and VoiceOver mode
If you restart your Apple Watch and see the Apple logo but then the screen goes dark again and you hear a description of what’s on the screen you may have accidentally entered the Screen Curtain accessibility mode.
To exit Screen Curtain, do the following:
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone
- Tap General > Accessibility > Voice Over
- Switch Screen Curtain off and switch VoiceOver off
- 1 A reset, restart, or Reboot Apple Watch — whatever you want to call it — is sometimes the best way fix a problem, even on the Apple Watch, Apple watch won’t power on, Apple watch not responding follow below steps:
- 2 How to power off your Apple Watch
- 3 How to reboot your Apple Watch
- 4 Hard reset Apple Watch
- 5 Force restart the Apple Watch
- 6 Apple Watch is Not Responding or Apple watch won’t power on
- 7 Anker iPhone 3ft & 6ft Charger Lightning Cable