- 1 Incognito mode Browsing
- 1.1 What is private browsing? Does incognito mode work
- 1.2 What does private browsing do?
- 1.3 Use Incognito mode in Internet Explorer
- 1.4 Use Incognito mode in Firefox – Firefox incognito mode, Mozilla incognito mode
- 1.5 Use Incognito mode in Opera
- 1.6 Use Incognito mode in Safari – Incognito mode safari
- 1.7 What is incognito mode google Chrome – Use Incognito mode in google Chrome
Incognito mode Browsing
While browsing the Internet, you leave a series of traces composed cookies, cache and history. There are tracks that can be followed to obtain sensitive information about your browsing habits .These traces are located in two places: your computer and the web pages you visit.
Until recently, those concerned about their privacy or that use shared frequently (in hotels, workplaces, schools, etc.) computers should delete history and cookies manually , which is inconvenient, plus easy forget.
Fortunately , thanks to private browsing , that’s no longer a problem.
What is private browsing? Does incognito mode work
Private browsing is a method by which the browser works in the most discreet way, without storing any information about the pages that have been visited. While its beginnings date back to 2005, appearing in Safari for Mac OSX, its real boom was experienced after being included in Internet Explorer 8 . Today, almost all browsers include this feature.
What does private browsing do?
While each browser performs this function in its own way, in general terms, the procedure is as follows:
- Removes cookies after logging
- Not saved any history or forms auto-complete
- They are not saved passwords
- It cleared the cache automatically when you exit
Similarly, we must remember what does :
- It does not provide secure or encrypted connections
- Do not hide your IP address
- It does not prevent websites store information about you
- It does not prevent your browsing is monitored by the network administrator
- Not a total anonymity (third party applications like Flash can save their own cookies, etc.)
Use Incognito mode in Internet Explorer
Use private browsing in Internet Explorer 8 is easy. You can activate it with the keyboard shortcut Control + Shift + P or from the menu Tools> InPrivate Browsing .
This process will open a new, easily distinguishable window, it includes the distinctive “InPrivate” in front of the address. In Internet Explorer you can have a normal session and private session at a time, yes, in different windows.
Use Incognito mode in Firefox – Firefox incognito mode, Mozilla incognito mode
Firefox private browsing is not as comfortable as the IE: to open a private meeting, the other tabs or windows you had open, they disappear. You can not, therefore, have a private and normal session at a time. In fact, if you activate private browsing while you have a half -written email on another tab, you will most likely miss it . An unofficial way to avoid this is by using extension Private Browsing Window , although it is still experimental.
The method for accessing this function is almost identical to Internet Explorer: keyboard shortcut Control + Shift + P or menu Tools> Start Private Browsing . Once you’re done, if you want to get the tabs you had open before, use the menu Tools> Stop Private Browsing .
Use Incognito mode in Opera
The private mode Opera is the most convenient of all can combine regular and private tabs in one window . By default there is no shortcut, but in exchange You have the context menu of the tab bar, where you must choose Tab Private New. To avoid confusion, the tabs in private mode have a different icon that unlike normal.
Use Incognito mode in Safari – Incognito mode safari
While the browser Apple was the first to introduce this feature (Mac), its implementation leaves much to be desired. Private browsing is activated and deactivated from the menu, but will influence all tabs and windows of your open Safari, without exception.
What is incognito mode google Chrome – Use Incognito mode in google Chrome
In Chrome they have been more original, and have changed the word “privacy” by “incognito” including a mysterious man in a raincoat. The keyboard shortcut is Control + Shift + N , which opens a new window. For privacy, all Chrome extensions are disabled.