How to Sync music to apple watch and Sync iPhone Music Playlist To Apple Watch: Learn how to manage playlists and listen to music on your Apple Watch. The Apple Watch connects to Bluetooth headphones to play locally stored music. So far there is no information about what apps can store music locally on the Apple Watch, but the odds are good that this only works with iTunes. You have up to 2 GB of available storage on your Apple Watch for music. We’ll go over how to make an Apple Music playlist, how to sync your playlist to Apple Watch, and lastly, how to pair your Bluetooth headphones with your Apple Watch so you can listen. Here’s everything you need to know in order to adding music to your Apple Watch.
Adding and playing music directly from your Apple Watch to a pair of wireless headphones is one of the most opaque processes ever created, but it is possible. What’s more, with the launch of Apple Music, the Apple Watch is the only wearable that can benefit from streaming, offering an alternative to old-fashioned MP3s.
Can you listen to music on the Apple Watch? The Apple watch will let you listen to music on Bluetooth headphones, no iPhone needed. While the Apple Watch does not have a cell chip in it to make it entirely autonomous from your phone it can do a few things independently, and one of them is play music and beam it to bluetooth-enabled headphones.
There is reportedly 2GB of local storage that users can place music on. The Apple Watch connects directly to Bluetooth headphones so you can work out with just the Apple Watch and a pair of Bluetooth headphones. You can control the music with your Apple Watch and likely with the buttons on most Bluetooth headphones.
Once something is playing, your Watch’s Music glance gives you a quick way to skip tracks, pause and resume playback, adjust the volume level, and mark the currently playing track as a favourite. The Now Playing glance on the Apple Watch is ready for Apple Music. There’s a Beats 1 button; just tap it to start listening to Apple’s flagship radio station.
There’s also a Quick Play button. My first thought was that this would be a sort of “Shuffle All” button, but that’s not the case. It plays a random selection of music from Apple Music. Sometimes when I tap it, it starts playing the first song of an album; I tap the Next button, and it plays the next song. Other times, it plays playlists; each song and artist is different. You can use your Apple Watch to listen to music on your iPhone, or you can sync a playlist to enjoy music on your Apple Watch without your iPhone.
Play music from your iPhone
When your paired iPhone is in range, you can use your Apple Watch to control what’s playing on your iPhone. Open the Music app, scroll up, then tap your iPhone to choose it as the source. Then scroll back down and tap any of these options:
- Now Playing. Play or pause what’s currently playing on your iPhone.
- Quick Play. If you have an Apple Music membership, you can tap Quick Play, which chooses a list of songs for you.
- Beats 1. Listen to Apple’s 24/7 worldwide radio station.
- My Music. Browse your music library by Artists, Albums, or Songs, and choose what to listen to.
- Playlists. Listen to any of the playlists already on your iPhone.
Play music from your Apple Watch
You can also enjoy music on your Apple Watch without your iPhone when you pair with Bluetooth headphones. Open the Music app, scroll up, then tap your Apple Watch to choose it as the source. Then scroll back down and tap any of these options:
- Now Playing. Play or pause what’s currently playing on your Apple Watch.
- My Music. After you sync a playlist to your Apple Watch, you can browse your music by Albums, Artists, and Songs.
- Playlists. Use the steps below to sync a playlist to your Apple Watch.
Create a music playlist
You can keep one music playlist on your Apple Watch at a time.
- On your iPhone, Open Music app.
- Go to > Library tab, then tap Playlists > New Playlist.
- Name your playlist .
- Add or Search to find songs, artists, or albums.
- Just Tap to add it to the playlist.
- After you add the item, tap Done.
- Now just click or select Done to save your playlist.
If you want to edit an existing playlist:
- Open the Music app on your iPhone, Click on the Library tab.
- Tap Playlists, tap a playlist, then tap edit.
- To add songs, tap Add Songs and search or tap to find songs, artists, or albums. Tapto add them to the playlist. To delete songs, tap
, then tap Delete.
- Now Click, Done to save your changes.
Sync your playlist
- Place your Watch on its charger and kick back as the playlist syncs. In my experience, it’s a time-consuming process, so you might want to do this overnight.
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > Bluetooth. Make sure Bluetooth is turned on.
- From the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, tap the My Watch tab, then tap Music > Synced Music.
- Tap the playlist you want to sync to your Apple Watch. When a message next to your playlist says Sync Pending, your playlist will begin syncing from your iPhone to your Apple Watch.
- Wait until the sync is finished before using your Apple Watch. To see the sync progress, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and tap Music.
Play Music on apple watch without iPhone
You can’t listen to your playlist on your Apple Watch until you pair your watch with Bluetooth headphones. After pairing, you can listen to your synced playlist:
When your music is done syncing and your headphones are connected, you’re almost ready to use your Watch like an iPod. The last thing to do is change the music source in the Music app.
On the Watch, go to the Music app. Force touch (tap and push in on the screen) to bring up more options. Select Source > Apple Watch. At this point, the playlist you synced should appear in the app and you’re ready to listen to music without your iPhone.
Remove a playlist from Apple Watch
- On the “My Watch” screen, tap “Music”.
- The playlist currently on your watch is listed next to “Synced Playlist”.
- To remove this playlist from your watch, tap on the “Synced Playlist”.
- The synced playlist is labeled with “Synced” and a check mark in the list of available playlists on your phone.
- Before removing the playlist from your watch, be sure to connect your watch to the charger. Your watch must be charging to sync music to or remove music from it. Scroll to the bottom of the list and tap “None”.
- When there is no playlist synced on your watch, a check mark displays next to “None”.
- If select your watch as the source of music and select “Playlists”, a message displays on your watch that no music is available.
- Again, make sure your Apple Watch is charging before removing a playlist from it or adding a playlist to it.
Apple Watch Music Storage
You can add up to 2 GB of music to your Apple Watch so you can listen to music on your watch using a Bluetooth speaker or headphones even when it’s out of range of your iPhone. However, if you want to remove the music, that’s easily done. In the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, you can change this setting to 2 GB, 500 MB, or 100 MB. If you prefer to limit by song number, you can limit your playlist to 15, 50, 125, or 250 songs.
Apple watch won’t sync music: Apple watch not syncing music
- Download all the songs to the phone so it’s not trying to download from iTunes match during the sync
- Set up the playlist you want to sync in the watch app
- Hard reboot both the phone and watch (hold down both buttons until they turn off)
- Put both devices on their chargers
- Go to your phone settings and set the screen to never turn off
- Open the watch app again and let it sit at main music screen (i.e., not the screen one level down where you choose the playlist)
- Be patient.
- When it completes, don’t forget to set your screen to shut off after x minutes again
APPLE WATCH GUIDE:
- How to Sync music from iPhone to apple watch
- How to Pair Bluetooth Headphones, create and sync playlists and Listen to Music
- How to use the Music app on Apple Watch
- How to control music playback on Mac or PC from Apple Watch
- Hermes watch face
- Does apple watch track Steps?
- Best apple watch apps
- Sync apple watch: How to pair apple watch with iPhone
- How to Manually Pair or sync Apple watch and iPhone
- Sync iPhone Music Playlist To Apple Watch
- 1 Play music from your iPhone
- 2 Play music from your Apple Watch
- 3 Apple Watch Music Storage
- 4 Apple watch won’t sync music: Apple watch not syncing music
- 5 APPLE WATCH GUIDE: