More and more libraries that provide opportunities readers to online level. Normally allow reservations and browse catalogs then have the physical book in its facilities, but the eBook is increasingly taking center stage, thanks to the ease of access and to transport it. Thus, the Internet is increasingly a source of culture offering all kinds of readings to cyber-readers. Looking for free books to read? Sites to download free books online? Check these guides best laptop for students. Also : Cheap budget laptops for students
Places to read and / or download books for free and legal
- Project Gutenberg : collects books whose copyrights have expired in the United States. Has collaborators who are responsible for digitizing them, users can access them free of charge with the possibility of making a donation that supports the project. You can access publications in different formats for the convenience of the reader.
- Bubok : Spanish publisher publishing on demand offering free and paid with the permission of their authors publications.
- Europeana : the great European library featuring digitized videos in the public domain and in all languages of the European Union.
- OpenLibrary : nonprofit that works to facilitate access to reading worldwide organization. It offers libraries payment results but also free copies of different works, downloadable format ebook .
- ManyBooks.net : extensive catalog with more than 29,000 works available for both Kindle and iPad as well as other eReaders. The publications are free, hosted the Creative Commons license and can be selected depending on the language you choose.
- Libroteca : it has about 10,000 books, mostly Spanish and duty free. Most focus on novel, poetry and classical literature and are downloadable in different formats.
- Feedbooks : English collection of contemporary works in .pub, .pdf and Mobi (Kindle).
- Hispanic Digital Library : The Hispanic Digital Library (known by the acronym BDH) is a resource offered by the National Library of Spain. This gives readers free access to thousands of digitized documents in order to disseminate the original documents preserved in its original support. Many documents are areas of study.
- LiquidComics : the meeting place for lovers of comics. Sponsored by tycoon Richard Branson, it offers works of authors as well known as Wes Craven, Guy Ritchie or John Woo.
- Bibliomania : there are more than 2,000 free books in English to read online. Among the different varieties are reading articles, stories or plays of the most important writers of all time. The publications are sorted into categories and subcategories that host lists authors.
- Google Books : agreements in libraries around the world, Google also offers free online copyright publications. Preserving the original format, publications can be read online or downloaded.
- Digital Repository EOI : Creative Commons, provides the reader resources of enterprise and innovation, such as seminars, studies and monographs.
- Amazon : offers both free and paid books, as some of the authors wish to disseminate their work for free.
- Wikisource : large virtual library of books without copyright, downloadable in pdf.
- The Online Books Page : project of the University of Pennsylvania that provides about a million books for free.
- Slideshare : publishing platform where users add content presentations and own publications on any subject. Millions of people use it to find, share and learn about new ideas and technologies in different languages.
- Scribd : read and add works and written documents, such as books, manuals or scholarly works, among others.
- World Public Library : is not entirely free but almost as if it were, because membership has an annual cost of $ 8.95. A symbolic price for access hundreds of thousands of books. Searchable by language, with over 20,000 books in Spanish.
- The Internet Archive : offers a lot of books and audiovisual material for free.
- The Literature Network : Sort works by the author, you can access your biography or related publications. Most resources are free and others have a small cost.
- Readprint : thousands of computer books by category or by authors and English.
Great Websites to Download Ebooks
FreeBookSpot is an online source of free ebooks download with 4485 FREE E-BOOKS in 96 categories which up to 71,97 GB.Free Book Spot is a free e-books links library where you can find and download free books in almost any category. Do you like ebooks? This is place for you! We have lots of links to free ebooks in more than 90 categories. You can find scientific, engineering, programming, fiction and many other books. All books are ready for download without registering. You can use these books on macbook’s and these are the Best apple laptop for college and university students.
Free-eBooks is an online source for free ebook downloads, ebook resources and ebook authors. Discover all-new, rising authors. Independent writers offer both entertaining fiction/romance for your enjoyment and non-fiction to help you find info from self-help to biz growth.
ManyBooks provides free ebooks for your PDA, iPod or eBook Reader. Browse through the most popular titles, recommendations, or recent reviews from our visitors. Perhaps you’ll find something interesting in the special collections. There are more than 29,000 eBooks available for Kindle, Nook, iPad and most other eReaders, and they’re all free
GetFreeEBooks is a free ebooks site where you can download free books totally free. All the ebooks within the site are legal downloadable free ebooks.
FreeComputerBooks consists of a huge collection of free online Computer, Programming, Mathematics, Technical Books, Lecture Notes and Tutorials. FreeComputerBooks.com consists of a huge collection of Free online Computer, Programming, Mathematics, Engineering, and Technical Books, Lecture Notes and Tutorials. It is very well categorized by topics, with 13 top level categories, and over 200 sub-categories. It has both pattern and keywords search engines for you to find the titles quickly.
FreeTechBooks site lists free online computer science, engineering and programming books, textbooks and lecture notes, all of which are legally and freely available over the Internet. Throughout this site, other terms are used to refer to a book, such as ebook, text, document, monogramor notes.
Scribd, You can download a document or embed it in your blog or web page. Enjoy an unlimited* number of books, audiobooks, magazines, and more.
OnlineComputerBooks contains details about free computer books, free ebooks, free online books and sample chapters related to Information Technology, Computer Science, Internet, Business, Marketing, Maths, Physics and Science which are provided by publishers or authors
BookYards is a web portal in which books, education materials, information, and content will be freely to anyone who has an internet connection
The Online Books Page
The Online Books Page is a Listing over 30,000 free books on the Web. This site is not funded by subscription fees, or by advertising. All of the information on this site is provided free of charge to all. We do not solicit or run any paid advertising on this site.
Baen Free Library
Baen Free Library is an online library of downloadable science fiction novels.
Free ebooks in eBookLobby are divided into different categories. Categorys range from business, art, computing and education.
Other Free eBook Resources
- PlanetPDF – A small collection of classic novels all in PDF format.
- DailyLit – Read books online by daily email and RSS feed.
- Wikibooks – Wikibooks is a Wikimedia community for creating a free library of educational textbooks that anyone can edit.
- Dwalin – Free novels in text format.
- Project Gutenberg – Free ebooks from producers.
- Adobe Free eBooks – In Adobe’s Free eBooks area, you can download, unlock, and read electronic books on your personal computer or reading device.
- Alive & Free – A page of links to some recent books from living authors available free online.
- Franklin – Thousands of free titles in text and HTML file formats.
- PDFbooks – This new site offers around 4,700 downloadable public domain e-books.
- Free eBook Miners – Free eBooks for your education, research or amusement.
- 1 Places to read and / or download books for free and legal
- 2 Great Websites to Download Ebooks