What do we know, or think we know about the iPhone 7? We’re just a few days away from 2016 and as we head into the year the iPhone 7 is expected to land, the rumour mill is already rife with some fairly solid expectations for Apple’s next smartphone, as well as some more far-fetched leaks and rumours.
iPhone 7 and wireless audio headphones looks more favourable to some and It’s been reported or you can also say that has been rumoured that the the tech giant Apple is ditching its headphone jack in favor of wireless audio solutions and a Lightning adapter for wired headphones and speakers for its next Apple iPhone 7.
There is no official report or confirmations but an internal iOS software code (found in recently released beta version of iOS 9.3) seems to support the rumor.
Jailbreaker[email protected] a twitter handler claims and stated on the twitter that they have discovered a reference to ‘Headphones.have.%sinput.NO.’ within the latest iOS 9.3 beta 1.1 software release, which would appear to be related to the transition from 3.5 mm headphones to alternative solutions on iPhones.
But if you unfold other part of the code, it might suggest you that this code might be used by Apple to let iOS know if external speakers are connected or disconnected as iOS 9 uses this status for certain Proactive features.
Possibly the biggest stand-out feature that’s missing from the iPhone currently is wireless charging. I’ve actually got this on my iPhone 6 courtesy of xLife’s battery charging case and there are other simpler cases that offer it too. I can’t overstate how useful it is. Instead of messing around with cables, especially official Apple Lightning cables that seem to last just a couple of months before breaking, all you do is set your iPhone down on a wireless charging pad – that’s it.
As well as potentially more space available in the iPhone 7 with Apple’s rumoured move to be ditching the 3.5mm headphone jack, another reason to expect wireless charging with the iPhone 7 is that back in July, Qualcomm announced its WiPower charging technology, which allows devices with metal covers to take advantage of wireless charging. Apple already uses wireless charging with the Apple Watch, though, so I fully expect it to be introduced with the iPhone 7 too.
It’s not officially confirmed till now but one can’t rule out the speculations made by some hardliners and considering the apple beta iOS 9.3 code itself, it gives some hold to this rumour. If Apple does remove the headphone jack for theiPhone7, it could potentially shave down the bottom bezel and create a thinner design overall. An earlier find from the same jailbreaker also suggests Apple could have another big feature ready for the Apple iPhone 7.
This could well make or break the iPhone 7. Or perhaps both – here’s why. Apple is quite possibly looking to ditch the standard headphone jack in favour of using headphones that instead hook up to the device’s Lightning connector. There are some obvious pitfalls here for potential owners, such as headphones becoming more expensive (you can likely kiss goodbye to using anything less than $40), that is, if you prefer to use third party in-ear models and not the usually terrible stock apple ones that leak sound just as well as the Internet leaks iPhone rumours.
There could be a dual-purpose cable too – one that allows you to charge and use headphones at the same time, plus there could also be an adaptor that converts the Lightning port to a 3.5mm jack too. The latter would allow you to use your favourite headphones as well as all manner of other devices that take advantage of the iPhone’s headphone jack, although this would be a bit of a pain to use.
The iPhone 5 was susceptible to water ingress around the home button – one reason why that component was one of the most sought after for replacement parts for that device. As well as making its next iPhone shower proof, there are plenty of reports that the company said to be making the case for the iPhone 7 has been working on making it fully waterproof too.
Catcher Technology will remain the largest chassis supplier for the upcoming line of next-generation iPhones, tentatively referred to as the “iPhone 7,” according to the China-based Commercial Times (via DigiTimes).
According to a new supply chain rumor out of Taiwan, Apple’s ‘iPhone 7’ will be waterproofand feature a brand new antenna-concealing technology that will hide antenna bands. As reported by Taiwanese trade publication DigiTimes, Apple’s supplier Catcher Technologies will provide the iPhone 7 chassis which is said to be waterproof and use “new compound materials”.
4 A physical Home Button may not make into new iPhone
This would be the biggest change to the iPhone ever, but it’s far from impossible. Some rumoured design changes point at a larger screen area and indeed no Home Button. The latter might sound like a terrible move, but there are two ways it could be implemented and quite a few reasons why Apple might be looking into it.
Rumours ahead of the iPhone 6S launch pointed at a bump up from a paltry 1,334 x 750 pixels with the iPhone 6 to a much more substantial 2,000 x 1,125 pixels for the current iPhone 6S. Sadly this didn’t come to pass, but as well as a possible move to OLED screens as it has used with the Apple Watch, I’d be surprised if we don’t see any kind of resolution bump with the iPhone 7. Apple’s devices already lag behind the competition here and delaying such a move till 2017 could be costly.
[su_spoiler title=”Apple iPhone 7 News & Rumors” style=”fancy”]
- 1 1.Wireless charging
- 2 2. No 3.5mm headphone jack
- 3 3. Waterproof case
- 4 4 A physical Home Button may not make into new iPhone
- 5 IPHONE 7 NEWS
- 5.1 iPhone 7 rumors: Leaked photo Shows Moved 3D Touch and Flex Cables
- 5.2 iPhone 7 Rumors: waterproof and Hidden antennas
- 5.3 iPhone 7 May Feature Thinner, Waterproof Body With No Headphone Jack
- 5.4 iPhone 7 Plus may Carry 3 GB of RAM and A9-Based 4-Inch iPhone in 2016
- 5.5 iPhone 7 news: Synaptics to make chips for Apple Next iPhone’s
- 5.6 Apple to keep iPhone 7 headphone socket petition goes viral
- 5.7 iPhone 7 Plus may boost bigger battery and storage (up to 250 GB)
- 5.8 iPhone 7 dual rear cameras is just a rumor or something real? But if it isn’t
- 5.9 iPhone 7 news and Specs: Better speakers, Better Sound
- 5.10 iPhone 7, iOS 9 with its headphone jack and Li-Fi tech rising rumors
- 5.11 iPhone 7: Apple iOS 9.3 beta developer code confirms no headphone jack for iPhone 7
- 5.12 Apple iPhone 7 without a bezel? Isn’t it cool?
- 5.13 iPhone 7 camera: A brand itself, rumors, Double camera
- 5.14 iPhone 7 Wireless Charging is coming till that Get this Wireless case
- 5.15 iPhone 7: Light-based Li-Fi wireless data technology
- 5.16 iPhone 7 – Future iPhone’s may Return to Glass-on-Glass Touch Panels
- 5.17 For iPhone 7 : Intel Has 1,000 Employees Working on Intel’s 7360 LTE modem chip
- 5.18 APPLE IPHONE 7 MAY FEATURE INTEL’S BLAZING FAST Intel® XMM™ 7360 MODEM ditching Qualcomm
- 6 Anker iPhone 3ft & 6ft Charger Lightning Cable