iPhone 7 news: Synaptics to make chips for Apple Next iPhone’s
The tech giant, Apple has ordered LCD display driver for for its next-generation iPhones with touchscreen supplier Synaptics.
As reported by Taiwanese website DigiTimes apple has its own in-house development manufacturing team of touch and display driver integration (TDDI) chips, but they may have fallen behind schedule.
By designer Martin Hajek
In September 2014 Computer hardware company Synaptics acquired Renesas SP Drivers. Renesas SP Drivers division, which produces chips for smartphone displays including the iPhone, in an effort to maintain orders from Apple, and for now it appears the iPhone maker will remain one of its customers. Synaptics previously supplied the scroll wheel for the first iPod, but lost Apple as a customer when the Cupertino company decided to bring its touch technology in house. Synaptics hopes to bring back Apple as a customer now that it will be acquiring Renesas SP Drivers in a deal expected to close later this year. The supplier also works with Google, HTC, Microsoft, Samsung, Sony and other smartphone makers.
As said by Macrumors:- Apple previously recruited senior Renesas engineers to internally develop TDDI chips with Touch ID integrated into the display. The single-chip solution could allow for the Home button to be eliminated on future iOS devices, but Apple ordering regular display drivers from Synaptics indicates the technology may not be ready for the iPhone 7.
Synaptics previously supplied the scroll wheel for the first iPod, but lost Apple as a customer when the Cupertino company decided to bring its touch technology in house. Synaptics hopes to bring back Apple as a customer now that it will be acquiring Renesas SP Drivers in a deal expected to close later this year.
Synaptics also manufactures fingerprint sensors and controls 90 percent of the market after it acquired fingerprint ID provider Validity for $255 million last year.
In March, Synaptics announced the first TDDI single-chip solutions for smartphones and tablets, allowing for thinner and brighter displays with best-in-class capacitive touch performance.
Apple iPhone 7 news, Specs and Rumors:
- iPhone 7 Wireless Charging is coming till that Get this Wireless case.
- iPhone 7: Light-based Li-Fi wireless data technology.
- iPhone 7 – Future iPhone’s may Return to Glass-on-Glass Touch Panels.
- Intel® XMM™ 7360 – May be next iPhone 7 LTE Modem.
- For iPhone 7 : Intel Has 1,000 Employees Working on Intel’s 7360 LTE modem chip.
- APPLE IPHONE 7 MAY FEATURE INTEL’S BLAZING FAST Intel® XMM™ 7360 MODEM ditching Qualcomm.
- iPhone 7 camera: A brand itself, rumors, Double camera.
- Apple iPhone 7 without a bezel? Isn’t it cool?.
- iPhone 7: Apple iOS 9.3 beta developer code confirms no headphone jack for iPhone 7.
- iPhone 7, iOS 9 with its headphone jack and Li-Fi tech rising rumors.
- iPhone 7 news and Specs: Better speakers, Better Sound.
- iPhone 7 dual rear cameras is just a rumor or something real? But if it isn’t.
- iPhone 7 Plus may boost bigger battery and storage (up to 250 GB).
- Apple to keep iPhone 7 headphone socket petition goes viral.
- iPhone 7 news: Synaptics to make chips for Apple Next iPhone’s.