You can use media creation tool to install any version of Windows like Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10. You can use Microsoft’s media creation tool in order to upgrade your current Windows 8 or Windows 7 Desktop PC or Laptop to Windows 10 or to create a USB or DVD and install Windows 10 on a different PC.
Windows 10 clean install USB is very easy, but keep these things in mind. If you format a partition during installation, any data on the partition will be erased. Be sure to back up any data you want to keep before you begin, so make sure to back up all of your important information before you begin this process. And if you don’t know how to backup your Windows 7 and Windows 8 PC, then go through these how-to posts:
Just follow the below given steps to get Windows 10 installed on your PC With the new Windows 10 media creation tool.
- In the first step you just have to download the microsoft media creation which you can find on this website Software download page.
- Note, choose the appropriate version of microsoft media creation tool, because you will find the two versions of this tool, one is for a “32-bit operating system” and the other one is for a “64-bit operating system.” To find out if your computer is running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows in Windows 7 or Windows Vista, do the following:
- Go toStart, type Control panel, select System and security, and then, under System, look at the value for System type:. Under System, you can view the system type.
- If your PC is a 32-bit operating system, on the Software download page, selectDownload tool now (32-bit version). If your PC is a 64-bit operating system, select Download tool now (64-bit version).
- When you’re asked, selectRun (or choose to Save the tool if you don’t want to run it now).
- Run the tool, if you didn’t already selectRun. (You need to be an Administrator on the PC to run it.)
- If you’re upgrading this PC, selectUpgrade this PC now, and then follow the instructions to finish the upgrade. (ALSO SEE: Clean Install Windows 10 for a system already running Windows 10)
If you want to create media for a different PC, select Create installation media for another PC. Use this table to choose the edition of Windows 10 that you want to create media for. (Also SEE: Windows 10 clean install USB For Windows 7 and Windows 8 machines)
|Host operating system edition||Windows 10 edition|
|Windows 7 Starter
Windows 7 Home Basic
Windows 7 Home Premium
Windows 8.1 with Bing
Windows 10 Home
|Windows 10 Home|
|Windows 7 Professional
Windows 7 Ultimate
Windows 8 Pro
Windows 8.1 Pro
Windows 8/8.1 Professional with Media Center
Windows 10 Pro
|Windows 10 Pro|
|Windows 8/8.1 Single Language
Windows 8 Single Language with Bing
|Windows 10 Home Single Language|
|Windows 8/8.1 Chinese Language Edition
Windows 8 Chinese Language Edition with Bing
|Windows 10 Home China|
- If you have an N edition of Windows on your PC, choose the N equivalent for creating installation media.
- After the download is complete and the media is created, select
STEP 3: Create installation media
You can install from an ISO, a USB, or a DVD. Here’s how:
- Mount the ISO, and then run exe from it.
- If you downloaded to a USB or a DVD, run exe from the USB or DVD.
Both of these options allow you to upgrade the PC if it’s already running Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10.
- If you created installation media using a USB, after your PC has restarted, if you see a message that says “Install Windows” instead of installation progress for your PC, you’ll need to disconnect the USB and then restart your PC again.
If you want to perform a clean install on your PC, or if your PC doesn’t have an operating system, you can use the DVD or USB. Here’s how:
How to perform a clean installation of Windows – Windows 10 Clean Install using the Media Creation Tool
[su_box title=”Warning” box_color=”#ee9818″]
- If you want to upgrade toWindows 10 for free, you need to use the Upgrade this PC now If you haven’t upgraded to Windows 10 yet and perform a clean installation, you’ll need to enter a product key or buy a license in order to activate Windows 10.
- If your computer still runs Windows 7 or 8, you want to avoid upgrading using Windows Instead make yourself a Windows 10 installation media. Get a USB Flash drive (thumb drive) atleast 4GB or larger and start the process. Here are the steps.
- Back up all your data first – Doing a clean install erases everything on your hard drive—apps, documents, everything. So, we do not recommend continuing until you have backed up any and all of your data.
- If you bought a copy of Windows 10 – Make sure that you have a license key, to complete the process.
- If you were previously a Windows 7 or 8 user – How to do a clean install of Windows 10: you are eligible for a free Windows 10 upgrade. However, according to Microsoft, you have to upgrade an existing computer to do so. So, even if you want to do a clean install, wait for the Windows 10 update to hit your computer, then install the upgrade first. Just skip any prompts for license keys, and after installing Windows 10 it should activate itself automatically. [/su_box]
- Now Turn on your PC, insert the DVD or USB flash drive, and then shut down your PC.
- Restart your PC, and then press any key to boot from the DVD or USB flash drive.
If you restart your PC and your current version of Windows starts, you might have to open a boot menu or change the boot order in your PC’s BIOS or UEFI settings so that your PC boots from the media. To open a boot menu or change the boot order, you’ll typically need to press a combination of keys (such as F2, F12, Delete, or Esc) immediately after you turn on your PC. For instructions on changing the boot order for your PC, check the documentation that came with your PC or go to the manufacturer’s website.
If changing the boot menu or order doesn’t work, try again by signing into Windows, shutting down, and then starting your PC.
- On theInstall Windows page, enter your language and other preferences, and then select
- SelectInstall Windows.
- On theEnter the product key to activate Windows page, enter your product key. The product key should be in a purchase confirmation email if you bought Windows 10. It looks like this: PRODUCT KEY: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX.
- If you upgraded toWindows 10 on this PC by taking advantage of the free upgrade offer and successfully activated Windows 10 on this PC in the past, you won’t have a Windows 10 product key, and you can skip the product key page by selecting the Skip Your PC will activate online automatically so long as the same edition of Windows 10 was successfully activated on this PC by using the free Windows 10 upgrade offer.
- On theLicense terms page, if you accept the license terms, select I accept the license terms, and then selectNext.
- On theWhich type of installation do you want? page, select
- On theWhere do you want to install Windows? page, select the partition that you want, select the formatting option you want to perform (if needed), and then follow the instructions.
- When you’ve finished formatting, selectNext.
- Follow the rest of the setup instructions to finish installing Windows.
- 1 STEP 1: Download the microsoft media creation tool
- 2 STEP 2: Run the microsoft media creation tool
- 3 STEP 3: Create installation media
- 4 How to perform a clean installation of Windows – Windows 10 Clean Install using the Media Creation Tool
- 5 AmazonEchoCode - ECHO2PACK