Improve life cycle of HP Laptop battery? One of the most common questions asked by users of notebooks is “How long will the battery?” The answer is complicated. Users inevitably discover that the usage time of the battery varies depending on how and where the notebook is used. However, most users do not understand why sometimes the battery does not last as long as calculates the charging of the battery (Power Meter).
NOTE: Improve life cycle of HP Laptop batteryThe battery life varies according to configuration and product model, loaded applications, configurations, power management product and the resources used by the user. As with all batteries, the maximum capacity of this battery will decrease with time and use.
- The cylindrical cells are approximately 18 mm (0.7 inches) in diameter by 65 mm (2.6 inches) long and is commonly known as the cell 18650. These cells are frequently used in the batteries of 20 mm (0, 8 inches) thick.
- The prismatic cells have a thin, rectangular shape; the most common types are the lithium ion battery cells 6 and 8, which are approximately 12 mm (0.5 inches) thick, such as batteries for MultiBay and Tablet PC HP.
- The polymer cells are thinner than prismatic cells. Often they used in products such as the IPAQ Pocket PC and some ultra – portable devices that require batteries less than 10 mm (0.4 inches) thick.
A cycle for a rechargeable lithium-ion battery is the cumulative amount of discharge approximately equal to its full charge capacity. For example, 10 events with a depth of discharge of 10% or 2 events with a depth of discharge of 50% represent a cycle.
What is the battery capacity? Improve life cycle of HP Laptop battery
Load factor (applications)
Roaming user battery with a charging cycle and daily discharge (25 ° C / 77 ° F)
Battery fixed user (based expansion) with a weekly cycle loading and unloading (> 35 ° C / 95 ° F)
Low (word processing, Internet, e-mail)>
Moderate (wireless, spreadsheets, database management)
High * (CAD, 3D games, DVD, high-brightness LCD)
- The cells of lithium ions undergo gradual and irreversible loss of capacity with each cycle of loading and unloading. This wear occurs faster when the temperature and discharge rate increase.
- The rate of self-discharge of lithium-ion battery is higher if the battery is left in an unpowered notebook.
- During prolonged storage or unused time, the battery charge will decrease below the recommended level low voltage.
- Leave the discharged battery for a long period of time accelerate the decrease FCC.
- Leaving the battery with a high level of charge in an environment of high temperatures for long periods of time (for example, operating a notebook in an expansion base with a high load factor) also accelerate the loss of capacity.
- Running high performance applications using battery power accelerates the loss of capacity. For example, 3D games will lower the FCC faster than applications processor. Improve life cycle of HP Laptop battery
- Keep the lithium ions at temperatures between 20 ° C and 25 ° C (68 ° F and 77 ° F) with 30% to 50% charge.
- Do not disassemble, crush or puncture the battery. Do not short external contacts of the battery. Do not incinerate or dispose of the water.
- Do not leave batteries exposed to high temperatures for long periods of time. Prolonged exposure to heat (eg inside a car parked in the sun) will accelerate the deterioration of lithium-ion cells.
- Remove the battery if the notebook stored (turned off and not connected to AC power) for more than 2 weeks.
- Remove the battery if the notebook will be continuously connected to an AC source (via a wall adapter or a docking station) for more than two weeks.
- Use the type of battery with the highest rated capacity (Ah) if the notebook will run high-performance applications with battery power.
- Calibrate the battery depending on the type of use. With normal use, the batteries must be calibrated at least once every 3 months, but a battery that is rarely discharged fully should be calibrated once a month.
- Keep the battery out of the reach of children.
- Use only the battery that came with the PC, spare batteries provided by HP, or a compatible battery purchased as an accessory. Improve life cycle of HP Laptop battery
- Reduce the brightness of the screen as possible. Use the Fn and F7 or F8 keys to adjust the brightness.
- Disconnect peripherals when not in use. The external devices such as hard drives, CD-ROMs, Zip drives, PC cards and other peripherals spend the battery power even when not in use. Always unplug when finished using them.
- Reduce the processor speed. The faster your computer, you work faster spends the energy supplied. By reducing the processor speed, you can extend the battery charge. Methods to reduce processor speed vary by model. The manual instructions must bring your team to do so.
- Turn off the wireless button when not in use. If your notebook has that button, press it so that the light goes out .
- Check for programs running in the background. Some programs automatically install a utility quick start and run in the background when the computer starts. It can reduce energy requirements if regularly finds and removes unnecessary programs. Improve life cycle of HP Laptop battery
- 1 Battery Safety: Improve life cycle of HP Laptop battery
- 2 What is the life cycle of the battery?
- 3 What is the battery capacity? Improve life cycle of HP Laptop battery
- 4 How do you determine HP warranty period?
- 5 What is Smart Battery Technology?
- 6 What is Smart Battery Calibration?
- 7 How to charge a laptop battery?
- 8 Maximizing the capacity and lifetime of the battery
- 9 Recommended care for batteries
- 10 Should the battery fully charged before using the computer?
- 11 Tips for conserving battery charge: Improve life cycle of HP Laptop battery