Where are the pictures uploaded to iCloud and how they are removed forever
Save our memories as photos and videos is one of the main uses that we give the iPhone. To keep them well – protected, Apple created iCloud as its cloud service. In this tutorial we will investigate where are the photos uploaded to iCloud and how are removed , if you want to get rid of them.
You can free up iCloud storage space by deleting photos and videos you don’t want to keep.
Recommended: gaming laptops uk under £500 and best laptops for photo editing
Photo Stream: your photos in iCloud
To access your photos uploaded to iCloud , you should check that the photo option is enabled streaming. To do this, do the following:
- On your iPhone go to Settings> your name. Hence all functions associated to your Apple account, including iCloud will be deployed.
- Select iCloud> Photos.
- Make sure the “My Photo Stream” is on.
If you had activated, perfect. You just have to go and find the app Photos album Photo Stream . If it was not activated, you will now see how this album appears in your photos. All photos you take with your iOS devices to iCloud will be uploaded when they are connected to a WiFi network, with the following limitations:
- Up to 1,000 photos in total.
- I should have done in the last 30 days.
With Photo Stream enabled, all your Apple devices with your Apple ID account sync these photos as they are connected to a WiFi network . If your computer has Windows operating system, download iCloud from this link and configure your Apple account (you should make sure that the option is enabled Photo Stream).
If you have a Windows PC, you can download iCloud to use on your computer
You are taking all this into account, you will see the photos uploaded to iCloud in the appropriate folder of your photos, called Photo Stream both the iPhone and iPad, Mac or PC.
Now if you have the photo library iCloud enabled , the situation changes slightly. Check if you have iCloud Photo Library activated in the menu we’ve seen before: Settings> Your name> iCloud> Photos> iCloud Photo Library. If you have activated, you do not have an album in Photos to be called “My Photo Stream” as they will join all the photos you have when your device is connected to WiFi.
How to delete photos from iCloud completely
Now that we know where are the photos in the cloud of Apple, it’s time to see how the photos are deleted from iCloud . Here we have two options:
- Delete photos from iCloud with : Access Photos> My photos streaming. Go to the photo you want to delete and click the trash icon. If you want to delete multiple photos, you can select and give the trash icon. Delete photos in this album will not be deleted from any devices that already have it , as Photo Stream acts only connection between them. You ‘ll have to manually search and delete it again .
- Delete photos from the photo library iCloud enabled : access the Photos section or album All Photos. Go to the photo you want to delete and click the trash icon. If you want to delete multiple photos, you can select and give the trash icon. In doing so, you will delete the selected photos from all your devices.
Pictures act streaming connection between devices, to delete a photo you must also delete the rest of your devices
In previous versions of iOS, it was not possible to delete individual photos or groups of photos. Now yes you can delete photos you choose . When you have followed these steps, one is done to delete photos from iCloud at all. It is as follows:
- On your device, go to the deleted album.
- There are stored all the photos you’ve decided to delete, where they will stay up to 30 days until they disappear automatically.
- If you want to get rid of them altogether, select them and click the Delete button to disappear immediately.
- You can also choose to retrieve a photo you did not want to delete and return to your photos.
That is all. Following the steps in this tutorial you should be able to view photos stored in iCloud and delete the ones you no longer need.