IEEnews › IEEnews Windows, iPhone, Android, Gadget, Mac, How to Forum › How To Fix Errors Windows, iOS, Android › Windows Error Code 80710092 – Fix It Faster Than
Tagged: How to fix PSN 80710092 error
- Sep 11, 2016 at 12:31 pm #17283
How to fix PSN 80710092 error
Before you attempt a fix you should always check to see if the PlayStation Network is online.
– Is PSN online (US)
– Is PSN online (EU)
If it’s offline, then there’s your answer. If it isn’t then try rebooting your console.
If it still doesn’t work, make sure your internet connection is working by:
– Via XMB >Network > Internet Browser
– Type in the name of any website. Can you access it?
If not, then there’s something up with your internet connection, so you should check with your provider.
If you can connect, then try this…
– Go to Settings > Network Settings > Media Server Connection
– Is Media Server Connection enabled? If so, DISABLE it.
Can you connect now?
If not, go back to Settings > Network Settings > Internet Connection Settings
– Select Custom Setting
– Scroll through to IP Address setting and select Manual
Make sure you have these settings. (Make a note of your previous settings in case you need to revert back).
Primary DNS: 126.96.36.199
Secondary DNS: 188.8.131.52
Don’t save the settings yet. Go back through the Internet Connection Settings with left d-pad until you reach IP Address Setting. Click on Automatic > Do not set > Manual . Double-check that it shows those Primary and Secondary DNS numbers. Scroll through to the right and save your settings.
If this doesn’t work, then there’s either a) something up with your Internet Connection, or b) Sony is carrying out maintenance. Try again later.
For more PlayStation news, check out this page.
- Sep 11, 2016 at 12:31 pm #17284
Windows Error Code 80710092
The first method involves resetting your router. With a router sometimes the settings will change for no apparent reason which can cause an error to occur. Turn off PlayStation 3 and then unplug your router or modem. Wait for at least ten seconds and then plug the router or modem back in and then restart PlayStation 3.
If the first method does not solve the problem you can try to correct is by going to Settingsand then choose Network Settings. Once you access Network Settings click on Server Connection and then disable the connection. Try to sign in to the PlayStation Network again.
Depending upon the type of router you have sometimes the Block feature will change to Enabled for no apparent reason and can cause error 80710092. You can disable it by navigating to Scheduling in the router settings and then choose Disable. Also, make sure that Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM) is enabled if you are using a wireless router connection.
You can also try cleaning out all of the cookies and temporary Internet files in your browser. If you are using Internet Explorer, you can accomplish this by clicking on Tools on the main toolbar of your browser and then choose Internet Options from the submenu. When the new window opens, simply click on Delete Cookies and Delete Files. Proceed to and the modem and then conduct a search for new media files. Try to sign in to the PlayStation 3 Network again.
- Sep 11, 2016 at 12:33 pm #17285
PS3 – Error 80710092 when connecting to PSN
There are many users who are having the same problem. There is some
maintenance going on. Here is what they says
“PlayStation Network is not available as it is currently undergoing maintenance.
We apologise for the inconvenience caused while we carry out these essential
So may be because of the maintenance that’s going on you are having the
- Sep 11, 2016 at 12:34 pm #17286
Cannot connect to Playstation Network [Solved
The PlayStation Network will be taken offline for maintenance on Wednesday, March 9, 2011, for approximately 11 hours during the following maintenance window:
Down Time (Start): Wednesday, March 9, 8:00 AM, Pacific Time
Down Time (End): Wednesday, March 9, 7:00 PM, Pacific Time
During this time you may:
* Not be able to access the PlayStation®Store
* Have difficulty signing in to the PlayStation®Network
* Not be able to play online games
* See a maintenance page when attempting to access the PlayStation®Network
Note: When you log into the PlayStation Network, a message may appear which states, “the PlayStation Network has been suspended”. This does not mean that your account has been suspended; it simply means the PlayStation Network has been taken offline. Please wait until the maintenance window has passed before attempting to connect to the PlayStation Network again. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
The best help you can receive is this:
– Open necessary ports for PS3
– Open any ports used specifically by the game (which is retarded they don’t use standard PS3 ports)
– If your router supports UPnP enable it (caution this is a security risk UPnP is a horrible idea)
– Make sure your wireless connection is strong
- Sep 11, 2016 at 12:35 pm #17287
Playstation network connection failed
Hi guys try this .. It will work for you as it worked for me:
Go to:settings – network settings – media server connection than disable the media server.
- Sep 11, 2016 at 12:37 pm #17288
How to fix Error 80710092
-ISSUE CONNECTING ONLINE
-Cannot connect to the interent or PlayStation Network. This may be caused by scheduled maintenance or issues with your internet connection
1. Turn off your PS3, your router, your modem, etc.
2. Let everything stand turned for at least one minute.
3. Turn on you router/modem and wait for full power up (i.e. All lights lit)
4. Turn on your PS3 and try to access PSN
-IF PROBLEMS PERSIST
1. Go to Settings>Network Settings>Internet Connection Test
2. Post the results here.
what is error code 118, error code 2,
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.