IEEnews › IEEnews Windows, iPhone, Android, Gadget, Mac, How to Forum › How To Fix Errors Windows, iOS, Android › Fixing Bluetooth issues Windows 7 , 8 and 10
Tagged: bluetooth driver for windows 10 hp, bluetooth not working windows 7, lenovo, microsoft, no bluetooth in device manager windows 10, reinstall bluetooth driver windows 10, update bluetooth driver windows 10, windows, windows 10, windows 10 bluetooth driver download, windows 10 bluetooth not finding devices, windows 10 bluetooth paired but not connected, windows 7, windows 8
- Sep 19, 2017 at 10:43 am #21282Parvinder SinghKeymaster
None of your Bluetooth devices, such as the wireless keyboard, the wireless mouse, wireless headphones, wireless speakers, wireless phones, wireless fitness trackers works, and even you cannot find where to turn Bluetooth On or Off.
All Laptop and Desktops
Windows 7, 8, 10
A. Check if Bluetooth hardware is on your computer and enabled
Make sure your computer has the necessary hardware and that wireless is turned on. Bluetooth requires both hardware and software to work. Not all wireless networking hardware supports Bluetooth. Visit http://shopap.lenovo.com/ to check product specification if you device is Bluetooth capable
If you device has no built in Bluetooth hardware you may need to purchase a Bluetooth USB dongle
Step 1: Enable Bluetooth radio
If Bluetooth is not turned on it may not show up in your control panel or device manager.We first need to enable the Bluetooth radio
Press the key or button to enable your wireless adapter. This key may be the, F8 or Press Fn+F5 (or F5).
Additional information on how to enable Bluetooth
Step 2: Check the Bluetooth drivers
- Click Start and search for “Device Manager”
- Look for all Bluetooth listings by opening the Network Adapters category and the Bluetooth Radios category (if available).If you cant find any bluetooth listings under Network adapter and Bluetooth radios proceed to next step B
- Make sure the driver has no Yellow exclamation mark or Down arrow sign
– Yellow Mark = The Bluetooth hardware is not responding or set up correctly. Updating or reinstalling Bluetooth drivers may correct this problem
– Down Arrow= Bluetooth is disabled. Right-click the device and select Enable to turn on Bluetooth.
B. Enable Discovery Mode
If Bluetooth is enabled on your computer, but you cannot find or connect to other Bluetooth enabled devices, such as a phone or keyboard make sure Bluetooth device discovery is enabled on your computer.
Also make sure the Bluetooth on device you are pairing with either your phone, keyboard, mouse etc is turned on as well
- Click Start and search for “Change Bluetooth”
- From the Options tab, select Allow Bluetooth device to find this computer, and make sure Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer is selected.
- Click OK and try to connect to your device.If problems persist, continue to the next step.
C. Update Bluetooth Drivers
There is 3 methods on how you can update and fix a faulty driver.Please try all 3 methods
- Click Start and type “Device Manager“
- In Device Manager locate the Bluetooth adapter. Right click and select Update Driver Software,
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software, and then follow the rest of the steps.
- Click Start and type “Device Manager”
- In Device Manager locate the Bluetooth adapter. Select Uninstall
- Restart your machine and Windows will automatically install the driver after you logged in
- Visit the https://support.lenovo.com home page.
- Please ensure your select your product at the home page first
- Click on Drivers&Software at the top handle bar
- Select Component “Bluetooth” and your Operating System
- Download and Run the installer
Note: If you have updated to Windows 10 and your device is not compatible with the Windows 10 upgrade there will be NO Bluetooth Windows 10 drivers available for machines not tested compatible with Windows 10
D. Perform a system restore
System restore helps you to revert your computer’s state to that of a previous point in time. You can use this feature to restore your computer to a back date where your Bluetooth is still working properly,
Personal files, such as documents, email, photos, and music files, are not changed.However its recommended you perform a backup.
- Go to System Restore, type “system restore” in the Start search box to locate it.
- Choose the restore point when Bluetooth is working properly.
- Confirm your restore point and wait for it to complete.
- If there is few restore points and your desired date is not available then Windows automatic feature has performed a backup on the desired time
TAGS: windows 10 bluetooth not finding devices, no bluetooth in device manager windows 10, windows 10 bluetooth paired but not connected, windows 10 bluetooth driver download, update bluetooth driver windows 10, bluetooth not working windows 7, reinstall bluetooth driver windows 10, bluetooth driver for windows 10 hp
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.