How to Change startup programs Windows 7, 8 Windows 10
How to Change startup programs Windows, Windows startup programs. How to Change startup programs Windows 10? If your Windows Laptop(Windows 7, Windows 8, 8.1 or Windows 10) has abundance of software’s and Programs, the chances are that your Windows System will take a longer time to boot up or start up Windows. Change startup programs Windows? Sometimes these startup programs push the boot up time of your PC or Laptop from seconds to minutes, and that is very annoying; seriously. Many programs add themselves to the list of programs started when you boot your computer. How can I prevent a program from starting automatically? The most simple explanation to: Why some programs automatically Open when i Start or Boot My windows PC or Laptop. Often?Is, A program starts automatically in Windows because of a shortcut in the
Startup folder in the menu. The program may also run automatically from a registry entry. Below are some different methods to fix the problem of Startup Programs and every solution shows a different way to tackle and fix Windows Laptop(Windows 7, Windows 8, 8.1 or Windows 10) Change Startup Programs Windows . If necessary, you can then continue to the next set of instructions. Often the culprit is those unnecessary programs that automatically run when you log in. Or maybe you have the opposite problem: you want apps like mail and iCloud to open every morning when you power up the computer.
Windows applications such as Google Drive, iTunes and many others will load automatically when you start your computer. We show you how to change Windows 10 startup programs, and remove any that are slowing your system down.
After you use your (Windows 7, Windows 8, 8.1 or Windows 10) PC for some time it will build up quite a number of applications that are automatically started when you first turn on the PC or laptop. And keep on mind that Some applications are very useful for a Smooth running of your Windows services, Like:
- Audio services.
- Message Services.
- Intel Tray Modules.
- Touchpad drivers
- DVD Services.
While some users also have their own custom choice of Windows Software’s and programs which they want to keep running, For example: I use Icloud Services for iPhone photo Sync, Google Drive for my docs and other things, Soundcloud to start Play music, Internet Download manager to start downloads where it left and also Torrents to keep on downloading when i Start my Windows PC.
Disabling or Change Startup Programs Windows 7, Vista, or XP
For most programs, starting them at boot-up just wastes resources and extends startup time. There is a tool installed with Windows, called MSConfig, that allows you to quickly and easily see what’s running at startup and disable the programs you prefer to run on our own after startup as needed. This tool is available and can be used to disable startup programs in Windows 7, Vista, and XP.
Using MSConfig or System Configuration Utility
NOTE: MSConfig can be used to configure several things other than just startup programs, so be careful what you do with it. If you’re not sure about using it, just follow the steps in this article and you should be fine.
- Click Start -> Run and type in msconfig.
- Select Services tab, and scan through the list. Remove anything you think unnecessary to be there. …
- Select the Startup tab, remove the software or application you don’t to load at startup. …
- Click Ok, and restart your computer and see if it loads faster now.
Click the Startup tab on the System Configuration main window. A list of all the startup programs displays with a check box next to each one. To prevent a program from starting up with Windows, select the check box next to the desired program so there is NO check mark in the box. Click OK once you have made your choices. Change startup programs Windows
A dialog box displays telling you that you may need to restart your computer for the changes to take affect. Click Restart to restart your computer immediately. If are not ready to restart your computer, click Exit without restart.
Change startup programs Windows
Adding or Removing a registry entry Windows 7
|Here’s how to add or disable startup programs. Windows 7: Change startup programs Windows
This contains instructions for editing the registry. If you make any error while editing the registry, you can potentially cause Windows to fail or be unable to boot, requiring you to reinstall Windows. Edit the registry at your own risk. To remove a startup entry from the registry:
|STEP 1: In the first Step Press Win-r. Then In the “Open:” field, type regedit and you have to press Enter.|
|STEP 2: To save a backup copy of the registry, from the File menu, select Export….
|STEP 3: Now, Tap on the + Sign which you can see in the left; in order To expand HKEY LOCAL MACHINE.|
|STEP 4: Now Tap on the SOFTWARE tree. Then Go To > Microsoft, then Go to > Windows, and then tap on CurrentVersion.|
|STEP 5: Highlight the Run folder. Here you will see programs that are set to run on startup (see on the right side). Decide which you want to Keep Running and to Stop.|
|STEP 6: Highlight any program(s) you want to prevent from starting automatically, and then|
|STEP 7: Press the Del key. Remember that deleting programs here does not remove them from your computer; it only stops them from running automatically.|
|STEP 8: Changes to the registry are implemented immediately, so you do not need to save your changes. At this point, you may simply close the Registry Editor. Change startup programs Windows|
Disabling or Change startup programs Windows 10 or 8 or Windows 8.1
Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 make it really simple to disable startup applications. Change startup programs Windows
Using Taskbar or System Configuration Utility
All you have to do is open up Task Manager by right-clicking on the Taskbar, or using the CTRL + SHIFT + ESC shortcut key, clicking “More Details,” switching to the Startup tab, and then using the Disable button.
It’s really that simple. If you aren’t seeing these options, make sure to click “More Details,” which is in the same place as the “Fewer details” that you see on this screenshot. Change startup programs Windows
Using Msconfig to Change startup programs Windows 10
- Click the Windows “Start” button and type “msconfig” in the search text box. Click on MSConfig in the search results.This opens the System Configuration console.
- Click the “Startup” tab. This gives you a view of the programs installed as startup options on your computer.
- Note that not all startup items will be shown.
- You are not given the option to add startup items to the list inside MSconfig.
- To add items not on the MSconfig list, use the Startup Folder method.
- Check boxes of the applications you want to start when you boot the computer.For programs you no longer want to start, clear the check box.
- Click “Apply.” This will change the changes you made to startup items.
- Reboot the computer to finalize changes to startup items. A popup window will ask if you want to reboot the computer. Click “Restart” to reboot the computer and save the changes.
- When you have deselected an item in MSConfig, you will be starting in”Selective startup” mode. This can be viewed under the “general” tab in MSconfig.
- If you subsequently decide to choose Normal Startup”, all disabled items will be re-enabled. Change startup programs Windows
Using CCleaner to Change startup programs Windows 10 or Windows 8: Change startup programs Windows
You can do one of two things with each item in this list:
- Disable it – the item will still be in the auto-start list, but it won’t run.
- Delete it – the item is deleted from the auto-start list.
To control which programs start with Windows:
- In CCleaner, click the Tools icon at left, then click the Startup button.
- In the Startup screen, you’ll see a list of all items that have been set to start automatically with Windows. Those that have been disabled will be grayed out and will state “No” in the Enabled column.
- Do one of the following:
- To prevent a program from starting with Windows, select the program entry and click Disable.
- To prevent a program from starting with Windows and to remove it from the auto-start list, select the program entry and click Delete.
Note: You can select multiple startup items by using CTRL+Click. Change startup programs Windows
Using Removing a Shortcut to Change startup programs Windows 10 or Windows 8
Win-r. In the “Open:” field, type:
- Right-click the program you don’t want to open at startup and click .
- Change startup programs Windows
- 1 How to Change startup programs Windows 7, 8 Windows 10
- 2 Disabling or Change Startup Programs Windows 7, Vista, or XP
- 3 Disabling or Change startup programs Windows 10 or 8 or Windows 8.1