What is the best laptop for business and personal use in 2017? If you need a powerful and durable laptop for work, look no further, as we present below the 10 best laptops for the job, so that you choose the one that best suits your needs.
This guide was done in a simple way, so that it is not difficult to choose the most appropriate laptop for your needs, along with some tips on things or components that you should pay attention when buying one of these devices. What is the best laptop for business and personal use in 2017
Finding a great Notebook for work is a serious matter. After all, you need something that is durable, secure, powerful, lightweight, and that can last through a long day of work. With the myriad options available, it can be a bit difficult to find the right one to fit your needs.
Fortunately for you, we have already found the 10 Business Notebooks that can definitely do the job. These work-oriented notebooks have the same basic components as consumer laptops, but PC makers include features to meet business needs, such as biometrics, power management, and the secure platform (TPM) module for Secure access.
You’ll also find options for professional versions of. As for design these notebooks tend to be fairly similar, they are usually black, silver gray, but the differences are below the surface. The line between tablets and laptops is also slowly starting to erase. But let’s not fool ourselves, business laptops have their place in the commercial world, and choosing the right one is not an easy task, especially if you are not very clear at the beginning what you are looking for. What is the best laptop for business and personal use in 2017?
We will navigate through the essential features that a Notebook needs to have for work, and more importantly, how to distinguish between a business laptop and a consumer model.
CPU and RAM
Dual-core processors, in particular the Intel Core i3 / i5 or AMD series with the APU E and A series, are the norm in enterprise PCs, although quad-core processors such as Intel Core i5 / i7 and Intel AMD series A processors, are available for the most demanding business applications. Higher power, low voltage, standard mobile processors can be found on the replacement desk and entry level in notebook categories.
The corollary that the more powerful the processor, the shorter the battery life, is usually true, especially among the last categories. Look for at least 4 GB of RAM. Anything else is not worth it. Ideally you have 8 GB of RAM, this to work more loose. Remember that the right amount of memory allows you to do several things: open more programs and windows at once and perform multimedia processes (such as photo editing). What is the best laptop for business and personal use in 2017
A storage unit of 500GB to 1TB is a good balance between economy and space. Now, although they are still quite expensive and the storage capacities are somewhat limited, the ideal are the SSD (Solid State Disk) these have no rotating parts and are therefore more suitable if you are looking for speed and the equipment Be a little lighter. Notebooks equipped with SSD also start faster and also open programs faster. If you want a Notebook with SSD, make sure it is at least 128 GB.
Is Graphic Card important?
Most enterprise PCs come with integrated graphics, whether Intel, AMD or Nvidia. The integrated graphics are great for business laptops as they will not play 3D games on the system. (Installing games is the easiest way to make an unstable system, which is bad news for a system aimed at productivity.) Most professionals who require discrete graphics, use them for specialized tasks such as acceleration GPU in Photoshop, creation of video in high definition, as in the visualization of Adobe Premiere or 3D graphics used in architectural drawings and CAD software. What is the best laptop for business and personal use in 2017?
LCD screens with 1366 × 768 resolution pixels are still available, if you’re trying to save some money on the purchase of your new Notebook, but your eyes will thank you if you consider a screen of at least 1920 by 1080 pixels with In-Plane Switching (IPS technology). The 1080p screen will give you more space to show spreadsheets, and the IPS screen will give you better color viewing over a wider viewing angle. QHD and 4K displays should be considered for graphics and scientific work, and are seen on the top level of high end laptops.
A strong wireless connection is vital if you want to access information on the web and receive your email in real time. Every laptop these days has built-in Wi-Fi technology. Look for those notebooks that have dual band (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) for better flexibility. The Wi-Fi 802.11ac works mainly on 5 GHz networks, but will work with 2.4 GHz networks if it does not find the first.
Offices in high density (very populated) buildings may wish to use 5 GHz bands that are less saturated and therefore faster than bands with a frequency of 2.4 GHz. However, do not discard the connection via Ethernet port, you’ll still need it for some hotel rooms and offices that do not have Wi-Fi connection. That’s why many laptops for business are including wireless, built-in mobile broadband modems.
These work in conjunction with cellular networks available to bring broadband speeds to your laptop wherever there is a cell phone signal available. Many laptops have these modems integrated for a nominal price. Data plans, on the other hand, are not cheap.
A large battery can be your best friend on a long flight or a long trip. Laptops for businesses usually come with multiple battery options. Apple MacBook Air 13-inch (2014) and some business-class laptops have two to three different types of batteries (4, 6, and a 9-cell).
The more “cells” a battery has, the longer it will last. Some ultrabooks and ultrabook style laptops have non-removable sealed batteries. Keep an eye on that, especially on long trips. Look for a system with removable batteries if you need more than 6 or 8 hours before you have the opportunity to recharge.
Some tablets sell for less than US $ 500 and can be easily adapted in a corporate environment. While the most complete Tablets (read expensive), they have been used in vertical markets, such as health, for years. The ubiquity of the iPad means that people are accustomed to carrying a computer that does not have a physical keyboard
Most Tablets are built to navigate the Web, use office applications, run and perform other light computing tasks, but they are also compatible with the range of security applications, VPNs and email clients, and one Countless hardware peripherals such as printers, scanners, and networked (NAS) storage devices. Unless it is a Microsoft Surface Pro 4 or an iPad Pro, it is most likely that the Tablets are simply a support for Business Notebooks but the truth I see it difficult to replace them, at least in a horizon Close time.
Best laptop for business and personal use List:
- Lenovo ThinkPad T450s best business and personal laptop
- Apple MacBook Pro 13, Retina Display (2015) best business and home laptop
- Dell XPS9360-4841SLV 13.3″ Laptop best lightweight slim business laptop
- Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 12 best hydbrid business laptop
- Acer Aspire E 15 E5-575G-57D4 15.6-Inches Full HD Notebook best business laptop with dedicated graphics card good for gaming also
- Apple MacBook (2015) best professional laptop
- Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (256 GB, 8 GB RAM, Intel Core i7) best business tablet cum laptop
- LG gram 14Z970 i5 14″ Touchscreen Laptop best small business touch screen laptop
- Lenovo ThinkPad P50 20EN0013US best i7 business laptop
- Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon 20A70037US Touch 14-Inch Touchscreen Ultrabook
The Lenovo ThinkPad T450s is the latest refined version of the quintessential business notebook, with an interchangeable battery on the go, a full set of connectivity options, and a chassis that can withstand more than one hit. Definitely a great alternative. This is one of the best laptop for business and personal use.
Wide range of ports including, Mini DisplayPort, Ethernet and VGA. Interchangeable batteries on the fly. Touch screen that offers a 180 degree tilt. Two enhanced pointing devices with mouse buttons. Comfortable, retro backlit keyboard.
Lower battery life than competition. Only one year warranty.
Although the fifth generation of the Intel Core i5 processor and the Force Touch Trackpad are minor updates, the Apple MacBook Pro 13, Retina Display this year remains a top pick in the high end ultraportable. Although the fifth generation of the Intel Core i5 processor and the Force Touch Trackpad are minor updates, the Apple MacBook Pro 13, Retina Display this year remains a top pick in the high end ultraportable. Up to 2.5 times faster than previous generation flash storage. Superior reliability and up to 22 times faster than a traditional hard drive
More than 11 hours of battery life. Retina display with resolution higher than 1080p. Two Thunderbolt ports 2. HDMI port. Comes with iLife iWork and suites with software.
Can only be updated at time of order. The storage capacity is only 128GB. For Ethernet requires adapter. Force Touch Trackpad takes a little time to get used to, and is of limited use at this time.
- 7th generation Intel Core i7-7500u 3.5 GHz Processor
- 8GB lpddr3-1866mhz included; 8GB maximum
- 256GB SSD storage; No Optical Drive included, Refer user manual and user guide below.
- 13.3″ QHD+ (3200 x 1800) infinityedge touch Display
- Windows 10 operating system; silver
Robust construction. . 1080p bright screen. Two pointer devices. Solid state drive that provides decent storage. Good connectivity. Comfortable keyboard. 802.11ac + Bluetooth 4.0
borderless InfinityEdge display maximizes screen space by squeezing a 13-inch display in an 11-inch frame. With a bezel only 5.2 mm thin, starting at only 2.7 pounds and measuring a super slim 9-15 mm, the XPS 13 is exceptionally thin and light. Stunning UltraSharp QHD+ resolution (3200×1800): An upgrade gives you eye-popping detail with 5.7 million pixels (276 ppi).
- Intel Core i7-4600U 2.1 GHz (Up to 3.3GHz with Turbo Boost)
- 8 GB DDR3, 2 cores 4 threads
- 256 GB Solid-State Drive,4MB Cache
- 12.5-Inch Screen, Integrated
- Windows 8.1 Professional, 7-hour battery life
Ruggedized construction. Leading performance in its class, thanks to an Intel Core i5-5300U, 8GB of RAM and a solid state drive of 180GB. Excellent battery life.
Less storage capacity than your competition. Mini HDMI instead HDMI port.
The Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 12 is a hybrid, business-oriented laptop that delivers better performance than most ultraportable computers, along with greater flexibility.
5.- Acer Aspire E 15 E5-575G-57D4 15.6-Inches Full HD Notebook best business laptop with dedicated graphics card good for gaming also
- 7th Generation Intel Core i5-7200U Processor (Up to 3.1GHz)
- NVIDIA GeForce 940MX with 2GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM
- 15.6” Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen display
- 8GB DDR4 memory & 256GB SSD
- Up to 12 hours of battery life
Solid construction of magnesium-aluminum alloy and carbon fiber. Illuminated keyboard. Multiple security features, including an integrated fingerprint reader. Excellent performance, thanks to its Intel Core i7-5500U processor and Nvidia GeForce 840m graphics.
Lack of backlight adjustment. The battery is not easily accessible to the user.
Featuring the 7th gen Intel Core i5 processor, this notebook lets you enjoy more power, more battery life. Full HD action with NVIDIA GeForce 940MX Graphics with 2GB of discrete video memory making movies and games jump off the screen. Up to 12-hour long battery life gives you a full day of usage while on the move
- 1.1GHz dual-core Intel Core M processor with 4MB L3 cache, Turbo Boost up to 2.4GHz
- Intel HD Graphics 5300
- 8GB 1600MHz RAM
- 256GB PCIe-based flash storage
- New terraced, contoured batteries allow for 35% more capacity for all day battery life
- Up to 9 hours of wireless web; up to 10 hours of iTunes movie playback
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0
- FaceTime camera for video calls
Incredibly thin. Weighs less than 2 lbs. Excellent battery life. Retina Display. Speakers with great sound. Available in three colors.
Only one USB-C port. New keyboard and Force Touch Trackpad can take some getting used to. It can only be updated at the time of purchase.
The Apple’s 12-inch MacBook is the thinnest, and the lightest Mac, however, combines the power of OS X with extreme portability and over 14 hours of battery life.
- The 12.3” PixelSense screen has extremely high contrast and low glare so you can work through the day without straining your eyes
- Go from tablet to laptop in a snap with the multi-position Kickstand and improved keyboard.
- Ships in Consumer packaging.
- Operating system : Windows 10 Pro
Portable workstation with ISV certificate with Nvidia Quadro graphics card. Slim and light. Touchscreen with a resolution of 3840 by 2160 (4K). Port Thunderbolt 2.
Surface Pro 4 with 6th Gen Intel Core m3, i5, and i7 processors is not only more powerful – it is quieter, runs cooler, and is even more efficient than before. Up to 9 hours of video playback
8.- LG gram 14Z970 i5 14″ Touchscreen Laptop best small business touch screen laptop
- Light Weight Laptop at Just Over 2 Pounds
- Long-Lasting 60Wh Battery
- 14 Inch Full HD IPS Touch Screen Display w/ Ultra-Slim Bezel
- Multiple Inputs – Including USB Type-C
- Back-Lit Keyboard
Intel Core i7-5600U processor and AMD FirePro 4170m graphics card. Remote representation capability. Solid state drive via PCI. Built-in security features. Removable battery. Splash resistant keyboard.
The screen has narrow viewing angles.
The LG gram 14-inch laptop offers great screen size without the weight. the LG gram laptop a 14″ Full HD IPS touch screen display, crisp and clear from almost any angle. LG gram comes with the 7th generation, i5 Intel Core Processor, Windows 10 Home, and 8GB RAM with a 256GB SSD.
- Intel Core i7-6700HQ (Quad-core 2.60GHz) Processor
- 8GB RAM, 500GB 7200rpm Hard Drive
- NVIDIA Quadro M1000M 2GB Dedicated
- Windows 7 Professional 64 preinstalled through downgrade rights in Windows 10 Pro
- 1920 x 1080 16:9 Display, Bluetooth, Finger Print Reader,
Excellent construction quality. Slim, reinforced chassis. High quality keyboard. Touch screen 15 inches and 3K.
Dual-core processor and low-end graphics card.
Intel 6th Gen Core i and Xeon processors with built-in security are designed to take your productivity, creativity, and 3D gaming to the next level. Intel vPro Technology makes enterprise-level manageability even more convenient and efficient.
Touch screen with a resolution of 2560 by 1.440 (WQHD +). Good performance, thanks to its fifth generation Intel Core i5 processor. Improvement of the keyboard and touch mouse over the model of the previous generation.
Expensive. Ethernet requires adapter.
- Intel Core i7-4600U 3.3 GHz Processor
- 8 GB DDR3 RAM
- 256 GB Solid-State Drive
- 14.0-Inch Screen
- Windows 8.1 Professional, 9-hour battery life, 3 Year Lenovo Warranty
- i7-4600U 3.3GHz
- 8 GB DDR3 RAM
In summary, everything is translated to a large extent by the type of work or activity you develop, this is the most important point, you must know what you want the notebook, but I make the decision based on the technical aspects that I explain in the previous points. Sometimes, paying a little more to get more power or capabilities will save you headaches in the future.
The added value of a longer warranty for example, or a better support service, are some of the extra benefits you can get with a business laptop. When determining the best features for your needs, you can focus on the notebooks that incorporate them.
- 1 Best laptop for business and personal use List:
- 1.1 1.- Lenovo ThinkPad T450s best business and personal laptop
- 1.2 2.- Apple MacBook Pro 13, Retina Display (2015) best business and home laptop
- 1.3 3.- Dell XPS9360-4841SLV 13.3″ Laptop best lightweight slim business laptop
- 1.4 4.- Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 12 best hydbrid business laptop
- 1.5 5.- Acer Aspire E 15 E5-575G-57D4 15.6-Inches Full HD Notebook best business laptop with dedicated graphics card good for gaming also
- 1.6 6. Apple MacBook (2015) best professional laptop
- 1.7 7.- Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (256 GB, 8 GB RAM, Intel Core i7) best business tablet cum laptop
- 1.8 8.- LG gram 14Z970 i5 14″ Touchscreen Laptop best small business touch screen laptop
- 1.9 9.- Lenovo ThinkPad P50 20EN0013US best i7 business laptop
- 1.10 10.- Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon 20A70037US Touch 14-Inch Touchscreen Ultrabook
- 1.11 conclusion