How to Unlock AT&T iPhone 7? If you just have bought an Apple Phone 7 or Apple 7 Plus from AT&T store, and if you had tried to insert another Sim card other then AT&T, then you might have noticed that your iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus device is locked to AT&T carrier, that means it’s not unlocked, and you won’t be able to use your Apple Phone 7 or Apple 7 Plus mobile devices with another SIM card carriers. That is really frustrating. However, if you paid in full for Apple Phone 7 or Apple 7 Plus mobile devices, then you can easily unlock your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus quickly and use your Unlocked iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus at&t with a different carrier. Mostly all AT&T devices have network or Sim locks, so that only AT&T sims can be used on the device. The binding contract ensures that the carrier is able to recoup its subsidy over the course of the contract. If you break the contract early for any reason, they charge you an ETF (early termination fee) to ensure they get their money back. High-end smartphones, like the iPhone 5S and Galaxy S4 are very expensive — $599-799, depending on make and model. Traditionally, carriers subsidize the purchase price in exchange for, on average, a two-year contract. As a result you end up paying closer to $199 for your phone. If you want to purchase one of these devices without a contract or “SIM free,” as they call it, you’ll need to pay the full $599-799 upfront.
However, unlocking an iPhone 7 from AT&T is not a difficult task if you already own the handset outright. AT&T customers who are eligible to unlock can do so with most smartphones and easily switch to T-Mobile without changing phones. Since both carriers use GSM technology, consumers can just switching out the SIM card.
How to Unlock AT&T iPhone 7 ? But if you still owe money on your handset, you will have to go through the company’s unlocking procedure, which will require that your iPhone meet the following guidelines: Devices must:
- Be designed for use on, and locked to, the AT&T network. (Questions? See Device unlock support. )
- Not be reported lost or stolen
- Not be involved with fraudulent activity
- Have all service commitments and installment plans completed and all early termination fees paid in full
- Not currently be active on a different AT&T customer’s account
The below steps are for those who have paid the full price of iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, Follow the below steps to Unlock AT&T iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, Unlock iPhone 7 at&t: How to Unlock AT&T iPhone 7
The best time to attempt to unlock an iPhone on AT&T is when it is brand new and hasn’t been set up yet, since the unlock process is incorporated into the setup procedure. If you already setup the iPhone 7 and want to unlock it, you’ll need to restore it with iTunes, but otherwise the process is the same.
So why should I unlock my smartphone?
GSM devices (phones with SIM card slots), once unlocked, can be used on any compatible carrier around the world that provides GSM service. It’s literally as easy as popping out your current SIM card and putting the SIM card of your choice in the phone. Also worth noting, you will get more cash for your unlocked phone compared to a phone locked to your carrier when you trade it in. An unlocked phone can be used – and sold – anywhere around the world, which increases the amount of money people are willing to pay for your used phone.
By unlocking the iPhone 7, you gain the ability to use a different mobile network assuming you have a compatible SIM card. This is great for travelers and it helps the resale value of an iPhone too.
How to Unlock AT&T iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus
Note: AT&T reserves the right to deny any unlock request that it concludes would result in an abuse of this policy or is part of an effort to defraud AT&T or its customers. AT&T further reserves the right to alter this unlocking policy at its discretion without advance notice. If during any one month, more than 100 requests are made from a single source, and if more than 10% of those requests are duplicate IMEI numbers, AT&T will no longer process unlock requests from that source.
You must have paid full price for the iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus to use this particular method to unlock your iPhone. If you did not pay in full, are on contract, or are you using an upgrade program, this will not work. How to Unlock AT&T iPhone 7
- In the first step Unbox your iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus which you want to Unlock from AT&T network,
- Now turn on your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus, which is yet to be Carrier unlocked,
- Then plug your new iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus into a computer with iTunes.
- Now you will see that, iTunes will start to load the account setup screen,
- Now you have to enter your account zip code and the last four of the account social and follow the instructions given to you on the screen by iTunes.
- Agree to the terms of service for both Apple and AT&T.
- You’ll see a screen saying “AT&T is currently activating your iPhone. Congratulations”, go ahead and click Continue here and wait another few moments
- After AT&T has activated the iPhone 7 it will be unlocked with a message stating “Congratulations, your iPhone has been unlocked” at the next screen