What is Android Wear, exactly?
Android Wear iOS: Pairing Android Wear with iPhone: How to connect Android Wear to an iPhone: There are so many fitness watches, from big companies; Like the Apple Watch, the Pebble one, Samsung Gear, and many more. All these watches are different from each other, they differ in sizes, color, Operating system, Interface, looks but the most common things in all of these watches are they sync with your smartphone and keep your health and physical activity data. Android Wear is a platform based on Android itself. Unlike watchOS, it uses card-based user interface to navigate through notifications, some from apps, others from services like Google Now. Android Wear smartwatches feature always-on displays, so you’ll always see important info such as time, calls and notifications. Respond to messages right from your watch, even when your phone isn’t with you. (Also see: Best Smartwatch To get.)
Alike with Apple watch, android wear also have built-in fitness monitoring and coaching from your favorite apps. You Track your distance and Listen to downloaded music on Android Wear like you do on Apple Watch. The below are some of the default Android Wear Apps: Android Wear iOS
- Google Fit. Step up your fitness. Stay aware and motivated.
- Runkeeper. Track, measure and improve your fitness.
- Google Play Music. Discover and play millions of songs with the Google Play Music app.
- Google Now. Bring the best of Google to your wrist.
- Google Maps. Navigate your world faster and easier.
- Voice Search. Use your voice to search and more.
- Google Translate. Use voice control to translate in 90 languages.
Is Android Wear Works With apple watch as it does with Android
It does Work Fine and smooth with Apple Watch, and most of the features are there on Android Wear which are compatible with iOS devices, but Google wear does not gives you same level system access on the iPhone. For example You will not be able to take actions directly from notifications when paired with an iPhone as you would on, a Galaxy S7.
Android Wear Compatibility with iPhone
Yeah, it definitely Works with your Android phone or iPhone. Android Wear requires a phone running Android 4.3+ or iOS 8.2+. Supported features may vary between platforms. Android Wear for iOS is available for iPhone 5 and later. Android Wear iPhone
Android Wear iOS: How to set up and use an Android Wear device with an iPhone
Now you can follow the below Guide and steps to know how to set up and use an Android Wear device with an iPhone: Android Wear iOS
STEP #1: Pairing Android Wear with iPhone: How to connect Android Wear to an iPhone
- First Download the Android Wear app, On your iPhone.
- Now you have to Turn on your Android Wear watch and reset to factory settings.
- Open the Android Wear app On your iPhone, and follow the instructions, until you see the Connect to your watch screen.
- Now While On your Android Wear watch, Select Preferred language.
- Follow the instructions until the Android Wear model shows up on your iPhone.
- Now On your iPhone, just select or click on the it and accept Bluetooth Pairing Request .
- Make sure that pairing code is same.
- Turn on Android Wear notifications.
- Turn on location.
STEP #2: Android Wear Gestures
Swiping down from the top of the screen now gives you muting options. Scroll to the next card: “Quickly flick wrist away from you, then slowly turn back towards you.” Return to the watch face: “Hold your arm in front of you and shake or jiggle your wrist out and in quickly a couple of times.” Scroll back a card: “Slowly turn your wrist away from you then quickly flick it back towards you.”
STEP #3: Android Wear Watch Settings
There’s now menus for Wear apps and contacts but keep swiping to get to settings in the ‘old’ Android Wear menu. Here you find all the ways you can customise the watch from the device itself: you can tweak the brightness, change the always-on setting, manage Wi-Fi (another new feature), activate aeroplane mode, restart the device or reset it completely if something’s gone drastically wrong (or you want to flog it on eBay).
You’ll also find a handful of core functions in the form of apps, which are located by swiping left from the face screen. Many are time-centric—setting alarms, a stopwatch, or a timer, plus a world clock. When you swipe up from the bottom of your watch face, you’ll bring up your latest notification. If you keep swiping up, you’ll move on to the next one.
Swipe the watch face from right to left to bring up an app menu. like Weather, Calendar, Fitness, Alarm, Timer, and Translate. If you swipe from right to left from this menu, you’ll bring up Google Now and can use voice commands to get what you want.
Enable Google Now or you’ll miss out on the majority of benefits with Android Wear on iOS. You can also manage the always-on screen, card previews, actions and resyncing apps. If you swipe downward from the top of the watch, you can access a few settings quickly. Swiping from right to left will reveal more options.
Android Wear watches also don’t have third-party apps on iPhone. As of now, you only have access to the functions provided by Google or the watch maker—there aren’t app experiences or games that you can play when paired with an iPhone.
If you Open the Android Wear app on your iPhone, you’ll find a Watch Faces section right at the top. When you tap the “MORE” button you can select watch faces on your device already or tap “Get more watch faces” at the bottom of the screen to sync up additional options. Unlike with Android phones, you do not have access to any watch face you can find in the Google Play Store. But still if you are a developer and know some hard stuff then follow this article to achieve it.
- 1 What is Android Wear, exactly?
- 2 Is Android Wear Works With apple watch as it does with Android
- 3 Android Wear Compatibility with iPhone
- 4 Android Wear iOS: How to set up and use an Android Wear device with an iPhone