Below list shows the best laptop for 2D and 3D animation in 2017, this list includes some of the best laptop for animation, gaming and graphic design. If you want to create animations or want to edit animation then you must have high performance laptop that can easily handle these tasks. So, to complete these intensive memory animation tasks you should look for the Best laptop for animation and graphic design. So, if you are an animation student, or an animation professional then go through the below list that i have compiled for you and check which are the best laptop for animation students. Best laptop for animation?
Based on my experience these are the best tips I can give you when choosing a laptop that will render you in your works to do 3D. The best thing is to look for prudent prices that allow you to obtain a great performance without demanding much your pocket. As your customers and workflow naturally allow you to scale to more personalized teams and thought for 3D development. The best laptop for graphic design should consist of a powerful and fast processor, a high resolution, a large RAM and an exact color demonstration. If you are a professional graphic designer and you are immersed in the search of a computer to develop your work that satisfies all your graphic design needs, then reading this article will be practical. There are so many options available that this can overwhelm you. But do not worry! We have put together a list below to help you find the best of the best in this competition. Best laptop for animation?
- 30 Best 13 inch laptop | Apple, Dell, Lenovo, HP | i5, i7 | Touch Screen
- Lenovo Blade is a sharp 2-in-1 laptop with Windows 10
- What is the Best Processor for Laptop | Intel Core i3, i5 and 7 processors
- College laptops: Best laptops for college students
- Best business laptops in 2017 | Ultrabook, hybrid
- 20 Best Laptop for Engineering Students 2017
- Best Laptop for Artists and Drawing 2017
Laptops for Graphic Design
If you are graphic designers or design students and need to buy a new computer (laptop), then we will give you some keys so that you can choose the option that suits you.
In any new laptop you can work with Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign, etc … but the most important thing is to find the one in which you can get more performance, that is, you get a high workflow, and allow you to have several applications open to The time without slowing down.
As for the basic specifications for a laptop for graphic design , we must take into account the following: Best laptop for animation?
- Processor: recommended an Intel. You can choose an i5 or i7.
- Memory RAM: you can work with 4Gb but we recommend a minimum of 8 Gb and if you can, 16 Gb.
- Graphic Card: it is essential that you have dedicated memory. The more power you have, the more you will relieve the processor from work. Designers who engage in 3D and animation or want a powerful graphics, can opt for models such as AMD Radeon R Series, AMD Fire Pro, NVIDIA Quadro or NVIDIA GeForce GTX.
- Hard disk: the fastest are the Solid State Drive (SSD), although with a conventional HDD hard drive of 1TB can suffice us whenever we have a good configuration.
When looking for the market there are many models to choose, so many that we sometimes find it difficult to decide. Here I leave you a selection that can save you comparative hours:
We have listed the best laptops evaluated on the internet by users who in fact are dedicated to design in a digital way. Say that the budget is around $ 1,000 to $ 2,500 approximately, since it is devices for professionals.
A laptop for 3D, will never be good or cheap, because to perform well in 3D, we have to prepare to pay a large amount of money (from 1500 €) … Now, I have a tight budget and I need to do my ” Pinitos “because I have started a course, what can I aspire to? Here are my recommendations:
This is the cornerstone of the team, the more powerful, the better (so simple), but of course, it is what increases the price more. Currently, focusing on the Intel, I recommend that it be Core i7, but that yes, you have to check very well the characteristics of this, since there are large number of families and generations with significant differences. Next, we will see what characteristics we have to evaluate the processor:
Cores: We have to keep in mind that the more cores, the better, since the “rendering” operation is improved. 3D software rendering engines usually work on multiple cores at the same time, this can be seen when the final image is forming, as they appear squares that are “painting” the image. Each frame is a process thread, which means that each core is a square, so to more cores, more threads at a time and therefore time is reduced.
Speed (per core): Modern processors have a maximum and minimum speed (they adjust dynamically, depending on whether the task requires more or less performance by the processor), well, the more speed our mantra is, the better. In case of very high and very low values, it is best to extrapolate the average speed.
Nucleus or Speed, which is better?
In equal conditions, speed is decisive, as each core has more speed, you can perform the same calculation much faster. Now, if the number of cores is different, a higher speed processor will match one with more cores but less speed, but the difference between them should be about 1GHz (gigahertz).
There is one thing I had not named, and is that Intel processors have physical processors that can function as two “logic” (called subprocesses), the performance of the latter is not equal to the physical (real), but if Quite similar, therefore and in our case, we will try to acquire processors with 4 physical and 8 logical preferably.
Graphics cards are important for working with the model, and contrary to popular belief, they do not intervene in rendering (except on certain occasions we will name later). So, a more powerful graphics will allow us to work with models with more polygons.
For 3D we need a “dedicated” graphics card (it is outside the CPU, and also has its own memory, since it does not share the system). My bet is Nvidia cards, since many models support the CUDA processing that help in the process of rendering the model ( In few occasions and only with certain programs). We will know that you have one of this type because laptops usually carry stickers that identify them, as in the sample:
To understand the numbering of Nvidia graphics, you must know that they usually have 3 digits that identify in this order, generation (current is 9, differences between generations oscillate 10-5% between each one of them), gamma (Up to 4 is low range, between 4 and 5 mid range and from 6, it is high range) and sub-range (a 5 or Ti, indicate that it is an intermediate model, for example GTX560 is lower than a GTX560Ti ). These numbers are usually preceded by letters, which are GT (low range) and GTX (middle and high ranges), to make it easier to understand the coding.
So, my recommendation, is a very minimal minimum of Nvidia GT 530, 630,730 or 930 graphics card (it does not matter if the generation is 5,6,7 or 9). Ideally, yes, it would be a GT950 or higher.
Memory is important, because depending on the amount, we can move more polygons and use larger textures. The minimum necessary is 8GB and the suggested is to reach 12GB, so simple …
At the very least, I would suggest these specifications: Best laptop for animation
- Processor – Core i7 (variants without U in the end, no matter generation).
- RAM – 8GB minimum, 12 or more recommended.
- Graphics card – GT950 above or below. The minimum is a 920.
1 HP Envy 15 Notebook
This is a laptop that, due to the size of your screen, can be considered as a large device. The CV Envy 15.6 “Touchsmart is a notebook that you should keep in mind. It uses an Intel 2.4GHz Core i7 processor, and 4GB of RAM , which provides powerful performance for a variety of tasks, not just for graphic design. Your Intel HD 4600 graphics card is weaker than your Macintosh colleagues, but the 15.6 “screen can make the right decision if you need to see larger graphics while you are working.
As with other products on the CV Envy line, the CV Envy 15.6 “Touchsmart has a carefully designed aesthetic design and a commitment to deliver a rich multimedia experience that is largely fulfilled, in part thanks to its integrated Beats speakers . A touchscreen also means you can have most of the functionality you can expect from a tablet’s services, and it fits seamlessly with the Windows 8 Metro UI.
2 Acer Aspire V17 Notebook
The Aspire V17, which Acer proudly calls “the beast” (and we agree), offers robust performance in terms of power, productivity and speed. With its high-quality 17.3-inch screen and Core i7 processor this is simply the best graphics-design laptop on the market
One of the features that make this computer perfect for graphic design is that it has a Full HD IPS screen , which offers bright colors and super detailed and sharp images from all angles.
In addition to this, the Acer Aspire V17 nitro laptop has a backlit keyboard with a faint red light that makes it more enjoyable to use and work with. If you are a night-dresser and you usually work at night or if you like working in low light, you will certainly appreciate this quality that Acer has included.
3 Lenovo Z70 Notebook
This is a lightweight laptop. The Lenovo Z70 is a combination on the one hand a Core i7 processor and on the other a discrete graphics NVIDIA.
The laptop has a large anti-glare screen , which will be practical to graphic designers, as this allows you to enjoy full HD resolution even in bright sunlight.
Lenovo Z70 is black ebony, has a nice surface to the touch, offers you much storage as it comes with a hard drive of 1000 GB , plus a large RAM, which achieves great performance, a powerful processor and a large screen .
Graphic designers will also benefit from the high battery life of the Lenovo Z70. The laptop uses advanced technology to save energy, allowing you to work with media for longer periods of time.
With its NVIDIA GeForce 840M graphics card , the Z70 is awesome for web browsing , HD streaming videos and, of course, photo and video editing.
In this comparison could not miss an Apple product. The Apple MacBook Pro really can withstand any test that is submitted by a graphic designer. The Retina display is simply amazing : the viewing angles are vast and the screen brightness excellent. It is as if they had built a laptop thinking about graphic design.
The design, creativity and productivity of the MacBook Pro have been brought to a new level. To make it a pc for graphic design as thin as possible but with a battery with a large autonomy, Apple has removed the optical disc.
The MacBook Pro is powerful, functional, fast, innovative and does a great job in handling heavy multitasking. We are sure you will not be disappointed.
However, this computer has some disadvantages that we have to tell you. Apple’s famous trend of pushing an operating system improvement almost every year seems to damage the overall performance of its computers for graphic design. This is our appreciation and we assume that there will be those who take the opposite and these updates seem magnificent.
ASUS ZenBook Pro is one of the best laptops for graphic design with 4K resolution, 74% Adobe RGB, 100% sRGB and 72% NTSC.
It features an Intel Core i7-6700HQ 2.6 GHz quad-core 6th generation and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 2GB graphics card. It comes with 16GB of RAM and 512GB SSD PCIe G3x4 hard drive.
The screen has a resolution of 3840 × 2160 IPS 4K UHD and the battery has 6 hours duration all this is perfect for graphic design.
Dell Inspiron i7559-5012GRY is a great laptop for graphic design with 15.6-inch UHD screen with 3840 x 2160 pixels resolution.
It has an Intel Core i7-6700HQ 2.6 GHz 6th generation and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB graphics card.
The RAM is 8 GB and the hard drive is 1 TB with a rotational speed of 7200 RPM. (Color range 90% sRGB and Adobe RGB 58%)
Apple MMGG2LL / A MacBook Air is an excellent choice for graphic design, it has a color range of 59.8% sRGB and 38.4% AdobeRGB.
It has a powerful Intel Core i5 1.6 GHz dual core processor from an Intel HD Graphics 6000 graphics processor. It has 8 GB of RAM and 256 GB SSD
8 ASUS ROG GL552VW-DH71 15-Inch Gaming Laptop
ASUS ROG GL552VW-DH71 is a 15.6-inch IPS FHD notebook, features a powerful Intel Core i7-6700HQ 6th generation and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 2GB graphics.
It has 12 GB of RAM and a hard drive of 1 TB. (93% sRGB color gamut and 72% Adobe RGB)
ASUS is the best in laptops for graphic designers with the latest 6th generation of Intel Core i7-6500U and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950m 2GB graphics.
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M GPU:
With the latest NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 graphics and Direct X 11, the K501 lets you create exceptional presentations for work, or enjoy high definition movies and games when it’s time for you to kick back and relax.
Also featuring NVIDIA Optimus Technology that automatically tweaks the GPU for either turned up graphics power or battery-boosting efficiency depending on what you’re doing.
- 15.6” Full HD anti-glare display
- Simple and classy brushed aluminum design
- Full-sized chiclet keyboard with backlights
- Intel Core i7 processor and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M discrete graphics
- 8GB memory with 512GB Solid State Storage
- Fast Internet connectivity with latest generation 802.11ac
10 Acer Aspire E5-575G-53VG
The Acer Aspire E5-575G-53VG is a laptop with a 15.6-inch screen, an Intel Core i5-6200U and an Nvidia GeForce GTX940MX 2GB graphics. The RAM is 8 GB and the SSD is 1 TB
11 Acer Aspire V 15 Nitro Black Edition, Core i7, GeForce GTX 1060, 15.6” Full HD, 16GB DDR4, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD
|Screen Size||15.6 inches|
|Max Screen Resolution||1920 x 1080 pixels|
|Processor||2.8 GHz Intel Core i7|
|RAM||16 GB DDR4|
|Hard Drive||1000 GB Hybrid Drive|
|Graphics Coprocessor||GTX 1060|
|Graphics Card Ram Size||6 GB|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||2|
|Number of USB 3.0 Ports||3|
|Average Battery Life (in hours)||6 hours|
- 7th Generation Intel Core i7-7700HQ Quad Core Processor 2.8GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 3.8GHz
- Windows 10 Home
- 15.6″ Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED-backlit IPS display
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with 6 GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM
- 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Dual Channel Memory
- 256GB SSD
- 1TB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
- Acer TrueHarmony Plus High-Performance Sound System
- Four Built-in Stereo Speakers and Built-in Digital Microphone
- HD Webcam (1280 x 720)
- Acer Fingerprint Reader supporting Windows Hello
- Secure Digital (SD) card reader
- 802.11ac WiFi featuring 2×2 MU-MIMO technology (Dual-Band 2.4GHz and 5GHz)
- Bluetooth 4.0
- 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 port)
- 1 – Thunderbolt 3 (Full USB 3.1 Type C) Port
- 2 – USB 3.0 Ports (One with Power-off Charging)
- 2 – USB 2.0 Ports
- 1 – HDMI Port with HDCP Support
Acer Aspire V15 Nitro Black Edition is one of the best laptops for graphic design, it has a color range 100% sRGB and 86% Adobe RGB. It has a screen of 3840 x 2160 UHD pixels and the latest generation in quad core Intel Core i7 Gen.
These laptops were chosen for having good features of screen, processor, RAM, hard disk and graphics card.
While every new operating system has its problems (some more and some less), it seems that Yosemite has some particular problems that can damage productivity and notice it during work. Even so, this is a great laptop for graphic design and any other task that requires high performance.
When looking for the market there are many models to choose, so many that we sometimes find it difficult to decide. Here I leave you a selection that can save you comparative hours:
- Retina MacBook Pro: i5 or i7, 8 or 16 Gb of Ram and up to 1 Tb of flash memory. Led screen.
- Asus: The ‘Gaming Series’ are powerful, combining HDD and SSD.
- HP: The ZBook Series are the ideal brand for our purpose.
- Lenovo: ‘Ideapad Y700’. The most powerful of the brand so far.
- Toshiba Satellite Series P50 and P70, where, in addition to finding models that combine HDD disk with SSD disk, there are even some with touch screen.
We also find the Satellite Series L50-C, almost as powerful and slightly more affordable.
- MSI: The Prestige Series is very powerful, expandable up to 32GB of RAM, combination of HDD + PCIe + SSD, GeForce GTX … brutal.
We also have the Gaming Series, with powerful laptops, full of details like RGB backlit keyboards, capacity up to 64Gb RAM, Geforce GTX, PCIe + SSD RAIDs.
Among these 6 brands you have several options to choose from with great performance for graphic design, which you can use as a starting point in your search for your ideal laptop.
Remember that once bought the laptop, according to brands, you can expand some components, usually RAM and storage units. It is a matter to consider if you can not buy a very powerful machine, since in the future you will have the option to increase the power and capacity of your equipment.
Choosing the Best Laptop for Graphic Designers
Before you buy a laptop for graphic design, or any other task, it’s okay to know what size computer is most comfortable for you to do graphic design work . While a 15 to 17-inch graphic design notebook may sound good on paper, it may not be the best choice if you’re going to use it going here and there because of its size.
Likewise, a laptop for smaller graphic design may not have the keyboard space you need if you plan to do a lot of typing. The best thing you could do is to browse laptops physically before you buy one, in stores or using laptops that a friend already has. And with this you better judge what size you need.
This may seem like a very simple step to take, but a laptop for graphic design can be an investment you will use for about three or four good years before you consider getting better and faster. In fact, some laptops are quite large to use for a very long periods of time. It’s something that you want to be able to use, work, and wear comfortably. That’s why the thickness of the pc for graphic design and the weight are also things that you must take into consideration.
The primary goal of laptop manufacturers is to produce a thinner laptop, even lighter notebooks, so if you have not used a laptop for a few years, you will be surprised to see how light they have become The latest generations of laptops. Some of the best computers for graphic design can weigh less than five pounds, or even stay in three pounds. This makes buying a suitable laptop look more like comfort than functionality, and in part it may be. As long as it meets some minimal technical characteristicsthat we must establish, of course.
Why choose a laptop for graphic design instead of a desktop?
Here we have told you how to choose a laptop for graphic design. But before making this decision you had to choose between desktop and laptop. Here are some reasons why choose the laptop:
- If you are always here and there, a laptop is a very good option. Not only are you going to be able to carry your work with you, regardless of the destination, but computers for graphic design are becoming increasingly better at energy storage and efficiency. This means that you will spend less time worrying about not having a price between destinations, and will be able to spend more time doing the actual work.
- Going wireless can mean having more space available in your home or office . If you have a desktop computer right now, then you are already aware that the tower, monitor, keyboard, mouse, and other components all increase the space on your desktop. If you’ve already had problems with needing more space, then a laptop offers a way to do graphic design tasks without requiring more real estate.
- As an all-in-one solution, laptops are quite solid. As we already mentioned, they have the keyboard, the mouse, the monitor, and everything else put in a casing that you can carry. Laptop monitors are expensive to replace, but they are also incredibly sharp when compared to desktop options. Some laptops also offer touchscreen functionality, making them a comfortable bridge between mobile tablets and more powerful computers.
All laptops for graphic design top have something to offer what differentiates them from the options of desktops and tablets, but some have some points stronger than the others. For example, your all-in-one solution may require a larger screen than other options.
Windows, Chrome OS and Apple iOS
- Attention Adobe users: Chrome OS is not compatible with Adobe, which is the biggest reason this operating system is not used by graphic designers. Windows and Apple iOS, on the other hand, support Adobe, which means that these operating systems are preferred on one of the best laptops for graphic design. Anyway hope is not lost with Chrome OS, you can use for example Pixlr Touch Up (for retouching photos), Magisto and WeVideo (for video editing). So users who were looking at small laptops these Chromebook will not be the best choice for designers. Although some forums say that certain users have managed to use them, but what we ask is whether it is worth the trouble to install it.
- And the list of Chrome OS flaws does not end with Adobe, it also has less hard disk space compared to Windows and Mac computers. For example, the HP Chromebook 14 has 16GB of local storage plus an additional 15GB of Free cloud storage provided by Google. Although, you can also access 100GB of storage in the cloud for free, although after two years you pay for it. On the contrary, the computer for graphic design of Windows Acer Aspire V3 has 500GB of hard disk, and additional 15GB of storage in OneDrive.
- For occasional users and non-professional graphic designers Chrome OS willnot cause problems, but if you dedicate yourself professionally to design, a Windows laptop or Apple iOS are a must, especially considering the fact that you have to save tons of photos and Videos on your hard drive.
Core i5 vs Core i7
- Technology Hyper-Threading exists in both the Core i5 and Core i7 . Hyper-Threading Technology boosts your computer’s performance for graphic design during heavy duty, which means if you control multiple uses at the same time, Ex. Load the files in the cloud and work in Photoshop (or the Sony Vega), thanks to Hyper-Threading Technology you get a better and faster performance of the pc for portable graphic design.
- While the Core i5 can easily do multiple applications simultaneously without any interference, lag or freezing, the Core i7 offers everything even faster and the experience is more powerful. The Core i7 is built for graphic design, and is capable of giving everything that requires your laptop to be able to function well at any time and with any task.
- Therefore, the Core i7 is one of the best CPUs available because it does an outstanding job in terms of speed, graphics, color accuracy and overall performance. So if you are a professional graphic designer, the Core i7 will never disappoint you and becomes the most recommended processor of all for being the most powerful .
More things to keep in mind when choosing
Graphic design is a demanding work of hardware, and this requirement is given, in addition to the size of the files, by the requirements of the software that is used. Until recently, programs designed for graphic design could only be installed and controlled on a powerful computer, which was usually desktop. Recently, the availability of powerful processors and graphics cards for the mobile device had led to the emergence of powerful laptops on the market.
Called many of them gaming laptops, but graphic designers rarely use them because of their overweight as they are bulky. The best laptops for graphic design should not only be powerful, they also have to be versatile and lightweight. Those laptops should have the most powerful components that are currently available, but they should also be lightweight and easy to carry. These laptops are what this review is about, although there are many more.
Know your own field
Graphic design is not always something that you continuously develop in an office or any other fixed place. You may have to take your work with you while you are in the middle of a break, watching the family, or just take it and bring it from your work environment so you can finish the tasks at home or even in the client’s office.
In view of this, you will find yourself at a point where you need the power of a desktop computer, and the simplicity of transporting a tablet, this is the place where the notebook takes up. Having your own definition of the best lightweight laptop could help you get the right computer . Laptop manufacturers have had the ability to go forward and improve these products in many ways.
Fine designs, color schemes or weight reduction have made it increasingly more common to see people working with laptops on their office tables. Combined with better cooling alternatives and an increasingly smaller size, thinner and faster hard drives, notebooks have become truly solid and stable devices for a multitude of tasks, including graphic design. In addition, they are increasingly developed in a way that offer greater performance with what have become the perfect solution for any task that needs to be done with them.
Memory RAM: The most important feature
In case you are an amateur who wants to buy a personal computer, simply remember that the most critical feature on a decent laptop is the RAM. Starting from below in 4GB and from there up . The bigger the RAM the more tasks you will have the ability to develop at the same time without the computer suffering slowdowns. Visual authors, similar to gamers, need a lot of RAM. So, try to take a look at DDR3 2133 which usually has the same price as DDR3 1600 and have more process speed. Some of the best laptops for gaming also bring them by default.
If you use your laptop for visual interpretation, you may have the need to use a video card less expensive than a gamer. If you dedicate yourself to visual interpretation you should give more importance to the video card than to RAM. The best in this field is the Nvidia GeForce GTX 780. It has 3 GB of VRAM and 980 MHz. In case you are just looking for the best low-budget laptop, you should take a look at the AMD Radeon R9 295X2.
The large size of the screen
As a visual author you need space to work. Just in case you choose a tablet with a 13-inch screen, I recommend you to think twice before. Consider all 15-inch computers or even the best 17-inch laptops. Although this, as we have said before, goes for tastes and needs. You should know the size you need and this is directly linked to the next point
When to Consider Carrying the Laptop
In the last two years, laptops have been getting lighter and their batteries last longer between charge and charge. They have tried to make them more versatile. Of course in case you do graphic design in an office or at home and you do not need to move the computer there, transportability does not have much importance for you, but you can go from here to there with the computer and here if it is particularly important Weight and volume .
Depending on the type of graphic design you make, image quality may be more crucial to you than to a gamer. IPS screens are the best you can choose, but this will also depend on your budget and, if you want to spend something less, you can go to an LED with FullHD.
We have presented the characteristics to take into account when choosing your notebook for graphic design. We have also presented four models that we find the most interesting. But now it’s up to you to make the best of yourself and make the most of it.
- Best laptops for biology majors in 2017
- How to buy a graphics card
- How to increase the battery life of your laptop
- Top Best laptop for music production
- Review: MSI GE72VR Apache Pro Powerful Best gaming laptop under 1500 dollars 2017
- Best ultraportable laptop of 2017
- Best linux laptop for developers 2017
- iPhone 7 Wireless Charging is coming till that Get this Wireless case
- HP Pavilion Gaming Notebook 15t-ak000
- 0.1 Laptops for Graphic Design
- 0.2 Processor
- 0.3 Nucleus or Speed, which is better?
- 0.4 Graphic card
- 0.5 RAM
- 1 1 HP Envy 15 Notebook
- 2 2 Acer Aspire V17 Notebook
- 3 3 Lenovo Z70 Notebook
- 4 4 Apple MacBook Pro
- 5 5 ASUS ZenBook Pro UX501VW
- 6 6 Dell Inspiron i7559-5012GRY
- 7 7 Apple MMGG2LL / MacBook Air
- 8 8 ASUS ROG GL552VW-DH71 15-Inch Gaming Laptop
- 9 9 ASUS K501UW-AB78 15.6-inch Full-HD Gaming Laptop
- 10 10 Acer Aspire E5-575G-53VG
- 11 11 Acer Aspire V 15 Nitro Black Edition, Core i7, GeForce GTX 1060, 15.6” Full HD, 16GB DDR4, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD
- 12 Choosing the Best Laptop for Graphic Designers
- 13 Windows, Chrome OS and Apple iOS
- 14 Core i5 vs Core i7
- 15 More things to keep in mind when choosing