- 1 1. XMind: Most Popular Mind Mapping Tool on the Planet
- 2 2. Wisemapping: Best free mind mapping software online
- 3 3. Mind42: Free online mind mapping software
- 4 4. LucidChart: From brainstorming to project management
- 5 5. MindMeister: Online Mind Mapping tool, Cloud Based Mind Mapping Tool
- 6 6. Mapul: Online mindmapping, Online application to create beautiful mind maps
- 7 7. Coggle: Best Online tool for creating and sharing mindmaps
- 8 8. Scapple: Cheap Low Cost Mind mapping software for Mac and Windows
- 9 9. SpiderScribe: Online mind mapping and brainstorming tool
- 10 10. Popplet: Tool for the iPad and web to capture and organize your ideas
- 11 11. MindMap
- 12 12. FreeMind
- 13 13. Bubbl.us: Web based Mind mapping
- 14 14. Freeplane
- 15 15. CoMapping: Online mind mapping software to manage and share information
- 16 How to Use a Mind Map Application?
Best mind mapping software: Best free mind mapping software: Mind mapping software: With the below list of best mind mapping software you can start the individual brainstorming easily and quickly. A timer enables you to control the brainstorming session time. You can switch between day mode and night mode. You can add, modify and show task info directly in Chart view, including start/end date, assignee, priority, progress, milestone and task dependency.
Mind mapping is a great way to brainstorm, With Mind mapping or idea management you can make a plan, or turn your new ideas into the steps that you will need to make those ideas real in the future. You can easily find mind mapping software online, there are some great tools and softwares out there to help you to achieve your Mind map goals, You can also build mind maps, organize them, and save them for later.
For a student, a mind map is a memory aid to review notes. For an office worker, a mind map can be a solo brainstorming tool or a collaborative one. Brainstorming groups at work use mind mapping techniques for problem solving and decision making. Want to develop an agenda for an annual conference or plan your time as a manager? Maybe, a mind mapped SWOT analysis can help spot a weakness or an opportunity? You can apply a mind map to any office scenario. Here’s a look at 15 of the best mind mapping software , based on your nominations, Some of them are free, while others also come with a subscription plan:
1. XMind: Most Popular Mind Mapping Tool on the Planet
XMind is one of the best Mind Mapping Software Available right now in 2017, and it was alsoo the best Mind mapping software in 2016 based on user reviews. XMind Mind mapping is an open source tool that helps users to really understand their thinking and manage ideas. When editing, you can quickly open, close and switch views with just one click. This feature increases your work efficiency and improves your mind mapping experience enormously.
XMind Cloud automatically synchronizes files across Mac/PCs. It’s fast, secure, and easy-to-use. You can even view and edit your mind maps online. This is also the best mind mapping software for mac and Students 2016 and 2017.
Also Available on iOS: XMind Cloud for iOS extends your XMind Cloud to iPhone/iPad where you can directly create, view, and edit your mind maps. It’s your must-have mobile mind mapping assistant on the go.
Cost: There are free accounts available but if you want to have extra features, you will have to pay as much as $79 per year.
2. Wisemapping: Best free mind mapping software online
Free online mind mapping editor for individuals and business Individuals and businesses can take advantage of being able to share ideas with collaborators. You can embed files in blogs, and import and export them easily.
You don’t have to install anything on your computer because we are using HTML5. You can use WiseMapping internally in your company or school. You can share your mindmap with anyone, embedding it in any webpage. No plugins needed. Use WiseMapping for free without any restrictions. WiseMapping is one of the best free mind mapping software online 2016 and 2017.
Cost: Free, It’s 100% Free: No Cost!
3. Mind42: Free online mind mapping software
This browser-based Mind mapping or brainstorming tool or software lets you manage everything related to mind mapping in simple and convenient way, so thtat you can access anything quickly, and can achieve your mind mapping goals. You can create, manage, and edit your data easily. Simply create an account and you are ready to go. This is a free tool, and lacks the features of paid services.
You Use it to create todo lists, brainstorm ideas, organize events, Mind42 is completely free (ad supported), Created mind maps are private by default. ou can also share your mind maps with others.
4. LucidChart: From brainstorming to project management
This service offers a wide array of tools for organizing your ideas, including Google image search. LucidChart Makes it easy to sketch and share professional flowchart diagrams. When your work is done, You can export it to standard file formats or publish with convenient online viewer. Whether you’re a beginner or a pro, Lucidchart is the clear choice for modern diagrams.
Cost: Free and Pro account for advanced users is $8.33. $21 per month for team accounts.
5. MindMeister: Online Mind Mapping tool, Cloud Based Mind Mapping Tool
MindMeister is cloud-based. MindMeister is an online mind mapping tool that lets you capture, develop and share ideas visually. You can use MindMeister mind map editor for brainstorming, note taking, project planning and tons of other creative tasks. MindMeister is completely web-based.
Supports Windows, Mac OS or Linux, you can always access your mind maps right inside the web-browser. MindMeister lets you share your mind maps with as many friends or colleagues as you want and collaborate with them in real-time. With MindMeister’s free mobile apps for iOS and Android you can view, edit and present your maps even on the go.
6. Mapul: Online mindmapping, Online application to create beautiful mind maps
This web-based mind mapping tool is from Microsoft Silverlight. It is the unique online service that allows you to create the organic and classic styles mind maps.
Mapul has different subscription plans and features. It is little bit expensive but an excellent choice for professionals. Unlimited maps. Discounts for students and schools.
Cost: Single user account for six months is $30.
7. Coggle: Best Online tool for creating and sharing mindmaps
Coggle is an online tool for creating and sharing mindmaps. It works online in your browser: there’s nothing to download or install. Coggle is easy for taking notes, brainstorming, planning
- Create mind maps with colored nodes and branches.
- Add comments or detailed notes to branches. Supports Markdown.
- Drag and drop images from the desktop into the mind map. No image limits.
- Coggle mind maps are also collaborative. Work alone or invite team members.
- Version tracking with a history mode. See who changed what and when.
- Message team members, leave notes, and even chat in real time.
- Download mind maps as PDF, text, PNG, or mind map (.mm) files.
Cost: Free and subscription
8. Scapple: Cheap Low Cost Mind mapping software for Mac and Windows
Scapple is an easy-to-use tool for getting ideas down as quickly as possible and making connections between them. Creating notes is as easy as double-clicking anywhere on the canvas and then typing. The idea behind Scapple is simple: when you are roughing out ideas, you need complete freedom to experiment with how those ideas best fit together.
Cost: One time just $14.99.
9. SpiderScribe: Online mind mapping and brainstorming tool
SpiderScribe is an online mind mapping and brainstorming tool. It lets you organize your ideas by connecting notes, files, calendar events, etc. in free-form maps. You can create private or public maps, collaborate and share with others. Capture and organize text notes, files and image, events and locations!
Cost: Personal accounts are free. Pro accounts are at $5 per month and business accounts at $25 per month.
10. Popplet: Tool for the iPad and web to capture and organize your ideas
Available on both the iPad and the web, you can create Popplet boards and access them from either platform. The only real problem with this tool is that there is no version for Android users.
Students can capture facts, thoughts, and images and learn to create relationships between them. Professionals use Popplet to generate ideas and plan projects. Used to brainstorm or jot down notes, Popplet helps professionals organize their thoughts and generate their next big idea.
Cost: $4.99 for iOS, only for ipad and online
Check out Popplet on AppStore
This is an extension of Google Chrome, MindMaps or Map your Mind! Represent your words, ideas, tasks, or other items. With cloud support and Google Drive. Attach hand drawn images to individual nodes. New drawing pad to draw images on the fly
This open source mind mapping tool is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- From very early versions, Freemind supports folding which is its essential property.
- Smart Drag’n Drop, including the possibility to copy nodes or copy style of nodes; dragging and dropping of multiple selected nodes; dropping of texts or list of files from outside
- Smart copying and pasting into, including pasting of links from HTML or structuring the pasted content on the basis of the number of leading spaces in a line; pasting of lists of selected files
- Smart copying and pasting from, including plain text and RTF (MS Wordpad, MS Word, MS Outlook messages).
13. Bubbl.us: Web based Mind mapping
Web-based with nothing to download. Save your mind map as an image. Share and collaborate with others. Bubbl.us works the same on all platforms, for both desktop and mobile. You will never need to download or install an app to use Bubbl.us.
Cost: Free. Premium is $6 per month. Annual is $59 a year.
Freeplane is a free and open source software application that supports thinking, sharing information and getting things done at work, in school and at home. The software can be used for mind mapping. You can order, group, connect and share easily. Freeplane runs on any operating system that has a current version of Java installed.
Comapping is online and offline mind mapping software to manage and share information. Use it to take notes, plan and organize. It’s a way to have one set of notes. One set of files. For everyone. One set of notes & files for you and your team. Attach any file format to your notes and Put all of your notes in one place.
Cost: Accounts range from free up to $612 per year.
Before you pick the right software, you have to decide its role in your workflow.
Your answers will help to benchmark the best fit for the job. If your needs are extensive and system-wide, then a commercial powerhouse like MindMeister or XMind works best. If you are already on Windows 10 and not looking for that elephant gun, but something simple – choosing M8 will save you a lot of bother.
Do you use mind mapping in the office or for personal brainstorming needs? Which is the one software you would recommend? Tell us out in the comments, which is the Best mind mapping software: Best free mind mapping software: Mind mapping software